500 Gaui X5 Build

leedude1

Well I just got the airbrushed canopy I ordered and let me tell you the photos do not even come close to doing it justice. It is just awesome. :bling: Finally got a maiden in on the weekend and this thing is absolutely rock solid.

IMG_20170417_221127.jpg

IMG_20170417_221413.jpg

leedude1

I really don't want to fly this around in the park, but need still need to do a few tests and run a couple packs through it make sure everything is good to go...maybe Ill drag my son out the next time with the tablet.. Ill slap it on here for you all if you like.

leedude1

Put a few packs through the x5 at the club yesterday.

I'm really loving this bird. I haven't gone I1 or I2 just yet I'm still trying to get feel and comfort level with the power this thing has.
I'm doing a full check every 2 packs to make sure mechanically we are all sound.

I'll pull the head apart and re grease after 10 - 12 flights then move into a little more speed.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I cant wait to see a video of your X5 leedude 1. I like my X3 but I couldn't imagine how the X5 fly's. I wont know because it's way out of my price league :(

leedude1

Hey Dog,

I'm still feeling her out so to speak and would like to get 10 packs before I fly anything faster than slow and easy.

I really don't fly 3d (I do a little on the smaller ones ) but to your point. .mistakes on the x5 would burn through my yearly rc budget in a hurry.

I'm still in awe of this one in the air...

Gonna try and drag my son or nephew along one day and put a small vid up.

leedude1

Your wishes are about to come true for the video Tony. My nephew brought out his stuff today to the field with me and will be editing the video and sending me the link.
I think he said he would "You Tube" it.. So hopefully by weeks end Ill have the link posted for you all.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Leedude1, I bet the Gaui X5 was a blast to build and just as much to fly. A video would be cool. Is it me but it takes forever to upload a video. A 3 1/2 minute video took me about 1:15 and a 7 minute video took 2 1/2 hrs. What's up with that!

leedude1

Outright blast to build.
Spending time to do things like sleaving all the wires, and getting it as clean as possible was a first for me, but an enjoyable process when you see the results. Considering how narrow the frame is made things all the more challenging.

Flying it now for a few months and this bird is a total rock.

I used the Soko heli tool to set up the head (would recommend this tool to everyone ) and it is dead perfect.

I don't know about the upload time for vids. My nephew that will
be doing that part and he will simply provide me with the link once he's done.

I'm anxious to see it as well because he filmed 3 or so flights and will be splicing parts together so I have no idea what the final product will look like.

Anyway this bird is just awesome in all respects, power,precision,fit and finish flight characteristics. ..10's all around. Biased review? Maybe, but hey I know what I like.

I'll post up the link as soon as he's done, hopefully he'll make me look like I fly better than I actually do.:applouse:

leedude1

Nephew says video should be ready by tomorrow so Ill put up the link when I get it. Here are a few of the pictures that he took that day.

X5 at the field 2.jpg

X5 ready 2.jpg

Boys and Toys 2.jpg

450 prep 2.jpg

leedude1

He wrote " first flight" on the title, but I've been flying it for months now. He meant first filmed flight.

He got a chance to use his dji, go pro, and all his camera toys filming so he enjoyed it as well.

Like the earlier stills I posted.

Anyway glad I got it up for you folk also.

Top Bottom