Gaui X3l Flight Log

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Finally I got my first maiden flight in without trying out the X3L for a practice flight because of contract issues LMAO. I used my X3 settings and with help from the members on this site, got the setting for my HW 60a esc using Xnova motor right. The electronics after 3 mins of just basically hovering and couple punch out to see any tail wagging. They wen't warm at all which is wonderful. I think my throttle curves where a little low for me. Throttle 1) straight 80 and throttle 2) straight 85. Next flight, if I ever get these batteries to charge correctly, I have the throttle 1@ straight 85 and throttle 2@ straight 90. Overall I was very happy with the X3L handled but scared to crash since this is the first battery for this bird :)

Tony

Staff member
Contractual obligations have been fulfilled. You will not be fired, yet... :chuckles:

Helicopter looked very stable and sounded great. Now we just need to get to the bottom of the charging issue on the batteries...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Contractual obligations have been fulfilled. You will not be fired, yet... :chuckles: I hope not. My contract is not up for awhile lol. I am loving this heli. I got her from being tail heavy right from the get go, which is sweet. Maybe tomorrow I'll have some batteries to try out again tomorrow...Maybe!

Admiral

Great maiden, mine is all OK now had a quick lift off in the backyard (Very Small) to make sure things looked OK, it will have it's real maiden tomorrow when i go to the field flying.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's awesome Admiral. Good luck tomorrow at the flying field and if you can, how about a video of that bird in action.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
CONTRACT...CONTRACT...We don't need no stinken contract lmao. Hope all goes well. I loved my X3 while she was alive lol. I just got the X3L because I wanted something a little different plus I can use my spare X3 parts on the X3L.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
CONTRACT...CONTRACT...We don't need no stinken contract lmao. Hope all goes well. I loved my X3 while she was alive lol. I just got the X3L because I wanted something a little different plus I can use my spare X3 parts on the X3L.
Hope flight goes well today for you Admiral :)...Enjoy :).

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well after charging the batteries last night and had no problem charging them, I decided to do an early flight. I wanted to use them up and recharge them before lunch time just in case I had a problem again and I can call Tattu/gen in Cali and tell them my problem. So far so good. I increased my throttle curves a bit. I wanted to do some flips and inverted flying but I chicken out for the time being. Maybe after a few more flight I'll be ready. Here's a silly flight just cruising around in the back yard again :)

Tony

Staff member
Another smooth flight. Just nit-picking here, but during the spool up, I am pretty sure I'm hearing a tight spot in the main gear mesh to the motor pinion.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
There's no such thing as nit-picking just helpful advice. I will have to check it out. The motor aluminum pinion gear is a old one off the X3 that crashed and it might have a nick in it. Thanks for pointing it out to me :).

Tony

Staff member
To me is sounded like the main gear is not perfectly round. Definitely not the pinion.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hum.You know better then I do. I will check both out. Better yet...I'll replace them. I do have new main gear, which that one is too, and pinion too. Either way I thank you much for pointing that out to me :).

Tony

Staff member
I don't think you need to replace them, just check the gear mesh all the way around. I always check my mesh at every cog of the motor just to be safe.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
AH-HA! Damn you Tony . You got some awesome hearing to be able to here something wrong from a video. It seem like the aluminum pinion of the motor were it starts to taper out, was a little high. So I slid it down a smige. The teeth on the main gear and pinion seem fine. Hopefully that adjustment helps. I'll do another boring video and you can tell me if you hear anything else. That damn Metallica, Zeppelin, Van Halen music era just blew my hearing to poop LOL. Anyway...Video coming soon.

Tony

Staff member
My hearing is not that good anymore. Years of heavy metal and race cars have done a number on my hearing lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Here's another and last video for awhile til I get this battery problem worked out with Tattu/Gen. I changed the scenery from back of the house to the front of the house lol.

Tony

Staff member
Didn't hear anything that time. And I thought you said parallel charging solved the issues?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I thought so too but it took over 2 hrs to charge 2 batteries. I'm going to order a new charger but still have Tattu/gen replace the batteries too. Just in case it's the balancing wires.

Top Bottom