450 Gaui X3 face lift

murankar

Staff member
It's glass fiber. So it does add some protection to the boom.

As for the state of the X3. Went out and to fly and video. I got everything setup, camera on the hat, heli programmed and ready to fly. So I started the flight and after about a minute or so I had to remove my sunglasses. They affected my vision, need new glasses. Got it back up and flew for about another 2 or so minutes. Things were going great. Then I bumped the throttle hold and had to do auto. Now this kit is heavy and lost blade speed quickly. Had a hard landing and busted the skids and a servo output shaft. Everything else appears to be fine.

I was flying my vcontrol and that thing is just beast. Thus issue was due to me and not the radio. I have my switches set in such a way that I need to reconsider how they are programmed. I also need to investigate the auto bailout on the Vbar neo governor.

I need to start work now so if you got any question let me know.

trainrider06

How easy is it to program your switches? Sorry to hear about the hard landing. this time of year it'll be a bunch of maybe days for flying with the changing weather. I've gotten into such a habit on my DX6i and 8 of flicking the TH with my middle finger I don't know how many helis I'd destroy before learning a new switch position....

Heliman450

It's glass fiber. So it does add some protection to the boom.

As for the state of the X3. Went out and to fly and video. I got everything setup, camera on the hat, heli programmed and ready to fly. So I started the flight and after about a minute or so I had to remove my sunglasses. They affected my vision, need new glasses. Got it back up and flew for about another 2 or so minutes. Things were going great. Then I bumped the throttle hold and had to do auto. Now this kit is heavy and lost blade speed quickly. Had a hard landing and busted the skids and a servo output shaft. Everything else appears to be fine.

I was flying my vcontrol and that thing is just beast. Thus issue was due to me and not the radio. I have my switches set in such a way that I need to reconsider how they are programmed. I also need to investigate the auto bailout on the Vbar neo governor.

I need to start work now so if you got any question let me know.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your upgraded heli. Have you considered setting up some new values in your Tx.? My experimenting with the simulator shows that the heavier the heli the more pitch the TH needs to bring it down gently. Same goes for the pitch curve for landing. Just a thought.

murankar

Staff member
The switch assignment is simple. The hard part is choosing a switch for the function. The other thing is the 2 lower upper shoulder switched have momentary positions. So I will get things setup in the next week or so and do more figuring out.

murankar

Staff member
IMAG0073.jpg
Got parts????

Okay so I got all these parts but yet I still can't fly. So I will still need to get the servo gears for the gaui and blades for the 180cfx.

IMAG0073.jpg

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Absolutely theirs always something to buy in this hobby. Last week was my X3 got toast and she's all back together again. This week I had the 500 up in the air for the first time. Sure enough 2 mins. into the flight the belt breaks and down comes the 500. I already have parts ordered but like murankar said always something to buy. Things happen in threes so I'm ready for the next major crash. Thank God Santa is around the corner to help out. LOL

trainrider06

Well I have found a great way not to crash! Don't fly!
I have not been able to fly in forever it seems except for an occasional Hoover...:(
Weather has either sucked, or I have been sick! Allergies have
really been yankin my chain here lately....:(.

murankar

Staff member
I am still down myself. I hope to place my next order in the next few weeks. I still have to get a few gear sets for. My servos. My last hard landing or unsuspected auto took out a servo. So once I get those I can get back out again. The stock is getting deep but still need a few more things to complete the stock pile.

I have been on the sim off and on for the last 2 weeks. Get about 30 minutes a night and that's about it. So I am focusing on stall turns off both sides in both rotational directions along with backward flights. I have the sticks apart turning almost ready for real life but the sticks together is sloppy still or still crashing. So I am going to start working on sticks together a lot harder over the next week or so. I will try it for real once the 180cfx is back up. Need servos for that also, well new servo caps anyways.

Top Bottom