450 Gaui X3 face lift

murankar

Staff member
So as the title suggrst I have made some more purchases that will give me the final look. Now I do have a few more things to change but for now this purchase will complete it for now. So If your wondering what i did here it is, its not much but it will be so cool, I think.

What got upgraded or added:

The motor: the Scorpion HK 2221-3595 will work on this kit but it is not ideal. SO I went and got the scorpion 2520-3500 motor which is the intended motor for this kit.

Blades: I hat the 325mm blades, so I got a set of Zeal orange electric blades. I love the 360 blades.

Spare parts: not much to talk about they are spare parts. LAnding struts, canopy mounts, extra battery trays, main gears and auto gears.

Canopy: I got a replacement stock canopy and wait for it: The boom cover. Yes I got the boom cover I am so stoked about this. the boom should be a lot easier to see. I also like that I can get rid of the boom braces and the horizontal stab. Not really needed for performance so why have them.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I glad that your happy with your new radio. Sorry about the DX6 going south on you. I can't wait to see your Gaui with the boom cover on it. Good luck and let see the video of the Gaui with it's upgrade.

murankar

Staff member
Once everything comes in. I won't be doing video until I know for sure I got the radio dialed in. I might try and get some air time today. Will see.

murankar

Staff member
So my latest Gaui order should be shipping with in the next 24 hrs. Then who knows when it will show up. Shipping from Taiwan HQ Gaui.

murankar

Staff member
Some repair parts and the latest upgrade, the tail boom cover.

I have added the new 2520-3500 scorpion motor. This is the intended motor for this helicopter. Added the VBar Neo with the VControl. This should be a rockin airframe when it's done.

murankar

Staff member
Yes and possibly a video. I need to see if I can get some 5500kv led light bulbs. I like to use white light when doing videos.

murankar

Staff member
IMAG0064.jpg

So here is the new canopy and boom cover. It does add some weight, not too much but more than I would like.

If you look where the canopy and boom meet I had to dremmel the canopy. If you don't the canopy won't fit. Very excited about this add on.

Install is straight forward. 6 screws and remove the braces, horizontal stabilizer and tail output case. Slide on cover, insert foam spacer (provided) and screw on. Maybe 20 minutes with dremmel work.

IMAG0064.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
View attachment 15008

So here is the new canopy and boom cover. It does add some weight, not too much but more than I would like.

If you look where the canopy and boom meet I had to dremmel the canopy. If you don't the canopy won't fit. Very excited about this add on.

Install is straight forward. 6 screws and remove the braces, horizontal stabilizer and tail output case. Slide on cover, insert foam spacer (provided) and screw on. Maybe 20 minutes with dremmel work.

Looks great! Good luck and enjoy.

murankar

Staff member
Yes and she flies a bit heavy. The boom cover doesn't seem all that heavy but when I installed it just seemed so much more heavier.

murankar

Staff member
It CGs fine, its just a bit heavy. Before adding the cover I was at 1009 grams. I did replace the gyro, removed the esc lock. For the upgrade I had to remove the supports, horizontal stab assembly plus had to remove some material off the canopy. The cover is heavier than all the weight removed. So doing any baby autos wont do so well. Basically if I hit TH I will need to land and not play around.

Top Bottom