General Gaui set screw

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey everyone, I'm done putting my Gaui X3 together for the second time. I didn't like the T.T. drive system so replace it with the belt drive system. During the change out, i lost my M2x2 set screw "Page 18 in the Gaui manual" and was wondering what is this screw purpose. I was planning to go flying in the morning to get my first flight in on the Gaui but i don't know if this set screw will scrub the mission. I need to know before AM flight. Thanks again.

murankar

Staff member
For the Torque tube setup you have 2 sets of umbrella gears. The gear that is on the output shaft is pinned into place and that set screw holds that pin in place. As for the belt drive you may not need it, not sure since I do not have the belt setup.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
For the Torque tube setup you have 2 sets of umbrella gears. The gear that is on the output shaft is pinned into place and that set screw holds that pin in place. As for the belt drive you may not need it, not sure since I do not have the belt setup.

Thanks Murankar, i guess I'll find out tomarrow if i need it or not. I highly recommend the belt drive system if you have the extra cash. Very well design and I'm impressed with it. I'll no more information after tomorrow.

murankar

Staff member
Right now I am not interested in converting over. I got everything setup and dialed in on the torque tube. With the crashes I have had the gears held up rather well. One day I may go belt for now I am liking the torque tube.

Top Bottom