700 Gasser crashed :( whippy bites the dust

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Whiplash gasser bit the dust on account of a faulty tail servo. Brand new align 655 tail servo locked up completely causing the gasser to pirouette hard enough that the blade grip links flew away, causing the blades to drop and just stall the crap out of the bird at 7 ft high. Throttle cut helped.. Blades damaged. Boom is bent a bit .. Blade grip arm is all messed up. Luckily I have a quite a stash of parts for the whippy. So no issues there.

Now waiting for align RMA.. And my new savox tail servos.

Realized my throttle servo cable was rubbing the clutch bell. I am glad I caught it in this crash. That would not have been good.

Align 700 nitro has the same tail servo too. Guess what, that's coming out and getting sold lol

Just an update. I'll post a video soon. :)

Trying to get the idle on it figured out too. Wants to idle at 25percent throttle , that's too high, almost about to engage the governor in throttle hold lol

Lee

We haven't even seen a picture of this thing yet Gaba. You're slacking :D
You def deserve one of these.

:poidh:

xokia

Sorry to hear about the crash that sucks. Any opportunity I have to swap out Align electronics I do it. I will no longer buy anything with their electronics.

murankar

Staff member
Yes savox makes the align servos. There is a reason that the Align servos are cheaper than their savox counter part.

Yeah where's the pics at of this thing. Is it a unicorn, lol?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Heeheehee I read quite a bit about the savox 2272 servos and that's what I am using. Rest of my servos on the bird are mks HV's.

Uri it's a pretty pretty.. Green unicorn. :D I am fixing it up tonight I'll post a pic of it ready rock and roll! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
9fb786d322e38ec37388eb71f303f44a.jpg

2111e156e62dd7b1601caf8c87eff3f6.jpg

afbaf12063cadcf05d96e6ebfb7dadf8.jpg

813b1f68233709eb6e206458725bb30c.jpg

Here it is all fixed up .. Realized I had a major flaw in my wire routing which was about to cause another major issue . Throttle servo wire was work down to metal running on the clutch bell .. Yeah.. Lol

Rjx muffler on it by the way.

My original canopy.. Has seen 4 crashes I think. But still love the color! :)

Align blades on mains for now . Have J1S cyclones standing by when this system is tested now :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Haha no kidding! This 27.5cc motor needs some breathing room! Lol

Motor I have in it is actually a Zenoah 26cc motor that has been modified

Stroked 1mm to make 1.5cc more displacement

Many metal fan parts have been ground to be lighter .. Pull start assembly removed (excess weight for this motor, builder's choice, not all motors have that pull start and it's corresponding parts in motor removed)

Piston has been cut and lightened , polished

Crank has been balanced to match the piston weight

Porting change to allow engine to 1)run consistently at 12000-14500rpm
2) to make power at those rpm's

You guys haven't seen my tuned pipe yet so here it is. If I remove that can and put that tuned pipe, it's a straight 2hp jump for the motor .. But than I have to fly at only 1rpm, the rpm this tuned pipe was tuned for .. Which puts my blades at 2150-2200 rpm.

Here it is

89145ff3b454263f155144dad2412cbd.jpg

That's the exact pipe I have sitting in a box ready to get installed when I get used to flying this gasser :D

:)This is a great looking bird! Sorry about the servo. I am so covered in Align. I hope my luck holds out a while longer. This sport is so much fun. I look forward to a video of this Whiplash

murankar

Staff member
I have seen his older whippy and it was sweet as hell. This is the standard whippy gasser and i am sure its just as sweet.

I wish i could be at hotter-n-heli next year to be able to see it. I will miss not being there.

Unless i could fly in and stay at your place.

murankar

Staff member
Got to see how the money is first. The airplane ticket will be killer and getting the Gaui as carry on is going to be tricky. I like pack light.

If I can do it, it would only be for that weekend. Right now its a dream just like everything else. Will see.

Kyle17960

What engine and size are you running in that? Did you have the engine modified at all or is it stock inside? Just wondering. That is a really nice looking bird I just got my Trex 700 Gasser in the air today and had the DS655 servo in the tail and it went bad too. Maybe ill order a different one for the tail.

Tony

Staff member
I want to say he is running an OS 105 of something. I know he put a different carb on it that has a pump. But due to him working all over the world now, he doesn't get on here much. But yes, other than the carb, he is all stock on the engine.

Tony

Staff member
Actually, it's a Zenoah 26cc that has been punched out to a 27.5cc. My bad, I was thinking about his nitro, not the gasser lol.

Top Bottom