gaming

While i wait for the weather to get better (-7 and snow), i play a pc game called DC UNIVERSE ONLINE. It is a good game all the villins from dc, with some good one liners in the game

Tony

Staff member
I have played quite a few computer games. The computer I'm on right now is a dual screen custom built computer just for gaming. And yes, I did build it. But all of my games were FPS games and when I played, the kids could not be in the room lol. Things like Crysis, Fear, COD and Ghost Recon. There are others, just not as intense as those. I also have some sim games for airplanes that are pretty fun once in a while.

I don't have any of them loaded on the computer anymore though. The ole girl is getting old and tired. She is still running the Q6600 CPU with only 2.14ghz speed. I can OC the chip to 3.14ghz and never get above 50c, I think she just doesn't have it in her anymore. I have had this chip up over 4ghz before, but it needed to be put under water for that kind of speed.

For memory, I'm running 8GB on an x64 system. My GPU is the old 9800GTX that I can and have OC'd before. This computer used to be able to run it all. But, it's time to upgrade to an i7 setup with 16gb of memory for all the stuff that I'm doing now.

ok two things about that.One you should not oc you processor,because it will shorten the life spen in half.second getting the i7 do you know how much that is going to cost you.I work in a computer warehouse so i kind of know the price area, and what is new etc,etc,.The thing you should do is go for the 3ghz core2due processor with all the ram that you can get.Or you can go for the quad core

Tony

Staff member
Have you ever played with the Q6600? The chip sucks unless you do OC it lol. And yes, I know how much the i7 rig is going to cost. Not a big deal when you look at the whole picture on what I'm going to be doing with it :biggrin1:

murankar

Staff member
I have an i7-740QM with six gigs of DDR3 memory and the nvidia GTX285 video card finally 2 500gig raid 0 HDD. I love this thing, I have thrown a lot of digital media at it and it just smokes it. My boot times are a bit slow when on Win7 X64, but on linux mint it screams. I have a button for cpu OC and a button for a turbo fan. It sounds like a wind tunnel at full speed. I will be sad when this one needs to be put out of it's misery.

scotmurie

I think I've spent maybe 6 years gaming every night but right now its taken a back seat .

To be honest I'm kinda all gamed out but still theres a few that need mentioned.
Firstly an old favourite of mine would be the X games of which there are a few EGOSOFT · Downloads · X³: Albion Prelude · Videos which is the current one.
One I'm sure you may have heard of is EVE Online is a Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Space Game - EVE Online
The most interesting one for me and has a special place in my gaming history is Rise: The Vieneo Province :: The new MMOSIM from Unistellar Industries . If you can get passed the initial stages of the game and raise enough game money you can get airbourne and fly to the stations that are in orbit around the planet . The game is a full simulator and has 3 aircraft ( if I remember correctly)that you can fly. Trouble is it needs players which I dont think it has in abundance. The Guy responsible for the game/simulator does actually design simulators. Heres his site Unistellar Industries
He's currently one under development.

Top Bottom