700 Gaba's Whiplash nitro.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Just wanted to start a thread here as I started (And almost finished) the build of my beloved Whiplash Nitro. As you all know that I went all nitro. (Except for the warp.. ) .. I just cant handle being anxious about these 12S packs when I am out travelling, or not able to fly, I just cant do it. They need so much upkeep. I dont wanna deal with all that. And so, as you all probably saw, I sold my electric stuff off the 700, and decided to sell the frame of this whiplash seperately. And hunt for a nitro Synergy n7 or a align dfc 700n or a Rave or something, when , this dude basically was like answer of prayers, posts his brand spanking new whiplash nitro conversion kit for pennies on the dollar. I could wait :) .. so under 200 bucks I had a new nitro frame now. :D

I already had a 91 HZ-R 3D speed motor sitting in peices, with new piston, liner, ring, bearings ... in the closet. .All I had to do was to put it together.

So Saturday afternoon, I get contacted by someone for a trade, my whiplash 700n frame for a Synergy n7 frame one for one. I thought about it long and hard, told them that the frame i have is new .. his had 10 flight on it... didnt matter to me, I am used to revamping used birds.. So I thought i'll put mine together first.. and see how it goes.. and if i feel like I want to trade, there is an offer I can accept. hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Well.. Started Sunday afternoon.. Tore apart the electric frame.. and slowly and steadily started the nitro build from scratch.. :D

Didnt bother taking too many pics in the way.. But I can tell you this.. more I worked on this, more and more I grew to just LOVE the bird.. I love Whiplash builds anywaz. Things just fit together.. You can tell where peices are supposed to go. You dont have to guess anything. Its awesome. . The machining work is impeccable. The clutch is solid .. like I have never seen before..

THE FAN.. THe fan is HUGE!!! I compared it to the fan on a align 700 nitro.. and it bigger. @_@ .. why ??? I found out that this bfan was designed this way to give a flywheel effect adding to the torque of the motor when needed in fast 3D.. That is AWESOME

here is a pic of the fan..

photo.jpg

All that to say.. I dont think I am getting rid of this whiplash .. This bird is a beauty.. With gear ratio of 8.26 (even my vibe is 7.9) , the headspeed max is 1935.. but with a crap load of torque..

Today if I get time after work and after the gun range. I am going to bolt the last bolts in, and WHOALLA!!! ;D I'll post more pics then.

photo.jpg

murankar

Staff member
Hope it's ready for the fun fly. It actually better be flying. Mine will be.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
May I think. Hotter n heli maybe the only and last fun fly I can get to before I leave for Ohio.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
That fan looks a lot bigger than it really is. And Gaba, we must have VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!

:voidh:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
??? :thinking: Gaba, that is a great looking regulator on that carb. And why are you posting pictures? WE WANT VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :voidh:

This the os 91 hzr 3D speed with OS regulator like I mentioned.. Found out by part numbers, this carb and regulator 61G , is the same one on 105 hzr ....

cml001

My typo u called me out on.... Early morning post via iPhone are always screwy! Lol that canopy rocks!

Top Bottom