Gaba, Then & Now

Tony

Staff member
There are some members that just put you in awe of how far they have progressed. Gaba just happens to be one of those pilots. When he came here, he was like a lot of us and had a MILLION questions. And as always, we were happy to help. The issue with him came when we would tell him one thing, and he would do the other lmao. But, he was learning. Within a year, his flying made a drastic change for the better.

Just to give you an idea of where he started out at, check out this video.

Exi 450 maiden - YouTube
Exi 450 second flight - YouTube

As you can see, his fingers were all over the place as was the bird. But he did the correct thing by going and getting it, or going to where it was and then taking off again. flying with the training gear hanging though, not smart hahahaha. Let me tell you though, if you were not laughing at the above video, you need some happy pills lmao. I was laughing my ass off at that.

Then here is a video from just a few weeks ago. I'm talking someone that has made a complete 180º change! Dude has a great grasp on how a heli acts and knows where to put it in the air. Check out the video.

Warp 360 Last flight of the day Hotter n Heli 203 Fun Fly Alvarado TX - YouTube

I'm telling you, this guy has became an awesome pilot and will be going a lot further.

For those of you that are just starting out, let this be a lesson to you all. No matter how hard it seems now, you can become a great pilot if you dedicate yourself to the hobby and fly often. Your going to crash, that's just a part of it, but put it back together and go again. Let this thread be a lesson to those that are just starting out. Perseverance will pay off!

treff

That was like watching myself fly only no trees to land in where Gaba flies and I can't fly invisible helicopters. Great work Gaba. Seeing that helps a lot. There is hope for me yet.
Is there an electronic tree avoider on the market yet? Cheers

yardner

Great Post Tony,
i'm lucky enough to have met Goba a few times and he is good dude. Always has a smile on his face.
i have even PM'ed him a couple of time about some (dumb ?) questions that i was to embarrassed to post on the forum and he has Always been very patient and helpful

again, Great Post:triumphant:

stokke

Gaba is a great pilot, that's for sure! Teaches us that that everybody can get there. Good job gaba :D

Westy

LEGEND
NICE .... we all started there!!!! I am pleased to say ... that time and sim time and ... crashes .... makes up better ;).... all except that last one!

Whirlybird

GABA ROCKS :hdbng:
I loved how he used to walk around following the copter like it was on a leash :)

And then . . . didn't he lose a 450 once in the tall grass??? And not find it for a month???? :lmao:

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yup, lost it in the tall grass, got it stuck in a tree, the list goes on with the stunts he pulled with that thing lmao.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Roflmao man!!! I did not know tony made this thread.. Been absent too long!! Thanks tony!! :D

The first two videos were down right embarrassing... Me telling the heli not to hit me ... Ohh I rant on videos... Lmao... The flying was as best I could then. Man I still remember when it went nose in all by itself I almost had to get a new pair of pants. Lol

Thanks for the mind words. And yes I am an example ... Lol not to fly around trees and y'all grass ... Lol that's NOT GOOD! Hahahahha or a cricket bat.... Ahem.

Anywaz. If I can do it, any one can . It's just a matter of sticking to it and keep trying.

You can go on my YouTube channel and see how I went from having freak outs on small issues (which to me were big then.. And rightly so..) to flying better all because I asked the small questions no matter how dumb I thought they were... Good thing tony and lee and whirly were around to answer them even if they were dumb questions lol, and practicing a lot :)

And yes CRASHING a lot ! All a part of it! ;)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
Yup, sticking with it does pay off in the end.

I think you need to have your spell check, checked... I'm not sure what "y'all grass" is... Must be a rednek thing that I'm not familiar with lmao.

Top Bottom