450 Futaba servo gear change but it keeps buzzing at idle......why?

orbi

Hi again my learned friends, I have changed my gears in my s 9257 and it wont stop buzzing at midstick no matter what, I can get it adjusted to stop for a second or two but then it starts up again. Ive tried loosening the casing screws a tad ( when I had over tightened the screws there the servo would not work at all) , I must have done something wrong , ive installed them twice with same result.

Now im stuck. with a servo getting real warm. It works ok left and right , and is spot on in travel adj.

Tony

Staff member
This is a digital servo, and they are quite noisy. The buzzing is from the servo trying to keep a perfect center. If you think that is loud, you should hear my 600 with full size servos lmao. As long as the servo is not getting hot, you will be just fine. Analog servos are only operating at about 50Hz which means it's correcting 50 times a second. Digital servos like that one can operate at up to 333Hz or 333 times per second. Much more accurate. Hope this helps.

orbi

Thanks Tony.

I replaced the gears in that futaba s9257 and if i tighten the casing screws just a tad too much the servo wont rotate. !!!! it stops buzzing too. I cant remember if it was buzzin before `I started the gear change but hey its working ok. The casing is getting very warm but not roasting.

Top Bottom