FBL Gyro Futaba S-bus and the 3gx

Rick S.

I'm running a 7008SB receiver with 14SGH radio and when connecting the S-buss connector to the 3gx it doesn't appear to communicate at all. The receiver light is on and green. When using the standard receiver setup with the two data lines to the receiver it works fine. I've searched all over and can't find anyting except "plug the S-bus in here" and "it works great." Is there a different binding procedure I'm missing for using the S-bus? Any help would be great.

Tony

Staff member
With what I have seen or could find, you will run the S-Bux cable from the Rx to the 3GX, then plug your ESC directly into the 3GX. Make sure you have your polarity correct. Where the S-Bus plugs in, signal is on the right, ground is on the left. Where you plug the servos in, signal is towards the top, ground is towards the bottom. Not sure if this will help, but I hope it does.

Rick S.

Well I got it to work! I verified the correct plug orientation, it was good. So I mind screwed with it for a while and decided to rebind the reciever to the transmitter with the serial bus connected to the 3GX...That did the trick, works like a champ now. After the S-buss was working I had to reassigne pitch and throttle in the trasmitter. On the standard reciever setup they have you reverse 3 & 6. I'm a happy camper! really is a nice clean setup now.

Top Bottom