General Futaba gy401 with dx8 2gen

Hungomez

Hi.
Do you have any idea why I can't change the gyro mode , on dx8 g2 ? It's only works in heading hold mode.
My switch is the standard, 0,1,2.
Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you are on the correct channel. If you are plugged into the Gear channel on the Rx, then it's channel 5 or Gear, not sure what it says on the Tx menu. Then, anything below 0 is rate and anything above 0 is HH.

Hungomez

Hi.
I'm on the right channel definitely. Only way to get out hh mode , unplug the signal wire. Then woks fine. I'm just tested now. This new tx killing me. :(

Tony

Staff member
Are you sure your signal wire is plugged into the signal port and not the ground port?

Tony

Staff member
The single yellow wire needs to go towards the bottom on that Rx. If it's not working after that, and you know the settings are correct, it may be a bad gyro.

Hungomez

I have spare gyro. I will replace, and try on the other.
Also I have a spare 3gx. Can I use only for gyro? What I have ,normal gyro is a cheap one. I don't really want to use it in this heli.

Tony

Staff member
It's not a good idea to put a flybarless gyro on a flybar helicopter. Bad things happen. Take a look at the Assan 250 gyro if you are looking to save some money. It's a MEMS gyro and for the price, works really well. The best gyro that you can get is either the Align GP780 or the Align GP790 for a flybar helicopter. The 780 is what I'm using on my SE V2 and it's flawless paired with an Align DS520 tail servo.

Hungomez

Only the problem with the other gy401 , the wires need to be replaced. It's have little damage close to gyro. I will do it. The 500 pro will be converted to flybarles ,just I keep the kit to replace , after 1st crash. I just had one last week, (lost the tail ball link ) but doesn't affected the rotor head. Lucky!

Thanks for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have one more question if it's not a problem.
On the tail, I no expo at all. Peoples say that it's not a good idea. But on the tx I have a less than half way movement, and it's fully turn to the endpoint.
So should I use expo or not, and leave like how it is ?

Tony

Staff member
Asking questions is never an issue, that is what we are here for.

I never run expo on the tail, only on cyclic.

Top Bottom