Futaba Futaba 6EX FASST 2.4GHz

I Received a nice Parcel Gift from a Flying Buddy (Rob) over in Perth, WA. on early Friday morning.

Containing a Futaba 6EX FASST 2.4GHz Transmitter

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now the only thing wrong with this near New Transmitter is that the Throttle Hold Switch toggle broke off it does still work just a bit of a Pain to get it to switch.

So I will be replacing that Switch with a new one, Now to do this you have to de-solder the switch from the small PCB Board the re-solder the New one in place back on the PCB Board.

You can get these at http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCLP1&P=V but I will
probably get one from Jaycar Electronics - Better. More Technical. which is the equivalent to your RadioShack

Here is a New Switch

futm3676.jpg

The Other thing with this Futaba 6EX is that it is Mode 1, so I will be also converting it to Mode 2, which is fairly simple to do, just by Changing the Stick Mode in Menu then Also the throttle detent mechanism will have to be moved as well.

The only other thing is I have to get some RX's for it so will be Getting some of the Orange Futaba RX's
from HobbyKing http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__14300__OrangeRx_Futaba_FASST_Compatible_8Ch_2_4Ghz_Receiver.html
or this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17206__OrangeRx_Futaba_FASST_Compatible_8Ch_2_4Ghz_Receiver_S_Spec.html

Much cheaper than the Original Futaba R617FS Receiver, which cost nearly as much as the 6EX is to begin with.

So hopefully Next week maybe I will have both my 450's back in the Air , Weather permitting of course.

Lee

Nice one. I almost got that radio when i first started flying last year. Let us know what you think of it.

Keith

Hope all goes well Jolly... I find it hard to drive past Jaycar... I go in to spend a dollar on shrink tube and $30 later...?

Tony

Staff member
Looks like a really nice Tx. If you have problems mounting the switch to the pcb, I would just take it apart and replace the lever, if that is possible. Should be an easy fix though.

Nice one. I almost got that radio when i first started flying last year. Let us know what you think of it.

Thanks Lee, will let you know how it goes, feels good in hands so far.

Hope all goes well Jolly... I find it hard to drive past Jaycar... I go in to spend a dollar on shrink tube and $30 later...?

Thanks Keith, LOL yeah I know what you mean there too, I do the same, when in Jaycar,

Looks like a really nice Tx. If you have problems mounting the switch to the pcb, I would just take it apart and replace the lever, if that is possible. Should be an easy fix though.

Thanks Tony, I had thought about just changing lever, but you still have to get it PCB board first anyway, so it so of defeats the purpose, will be quite easy to just replace.

This is the Futaba 6EX FASST 2.4GHz TX a mate of mine over in Perth,WA sent me , and some mods that I have done to it since

I received it, as it had a broken TH switch, so that was replaced by me, also changed it from Mode 1 to Mode 2

DSCF0829Copy.jpg

DSCF0830Copy.jpg

As you can see in the next pick to original TH Toggle Switch is mounted on a small pcb board , now the new Toggle
switch I am going to replace it with the pcb terminal mount post were slightly more spaced out by a mm or so.

DSCF0833Copy-1.jpg

So here is how I overcome that little obstacle, by mounting the Toggle switch where it should go and running 3 wires to the pcb board after the old swith was removed, and solder them to the pcb board,
Also while at it change the Gimbals from Mode 1 to Mode 2, as you see in pic there is a tension bar, that needed to be moved over to the other Gimbal and the centring spring moved to this Gimbal

DSCF0838Copy.jpg

The pcb board is then tucked in on side out off the way

DSCF0839Copy.jpg

Now with the Toggle switch and Mode conversion all done, put it back together.

DSCF0840Copy.jpg

Now I Received a Parcel from HobbyKing this morning containing the long awaited FrSky TFR6 7ch 2.4Ghz Receiver FASST Compatible for the Futaba TX and also Futaba Neck Stap some TurboThumbs Super Big Futaba Rocker (1pair) Red and a RX ON/OFF Switch

DSCF0842Copy.jpg

Now have put the Futaba Big Thumbs on the Gimbals

DSCF0843Copy.jpg

Also when I use the Phoenix RC Sim this is the Futaba Adaptor Cable used

DSCF0844Copy.jpg

So now once the weather clears up I will be able to get out and fly my 450 Heli's, we have just had the wettest September day for a century, and raining again today, so hope will clear and fine up soon!

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Yaa Hoo!!! I have a Futaba 9CAP and I purchased a module that makes it compatable with DSM (spektrum/JR 2.4) receivers. Works great. Do you have a part number for that cable?

Whirlybird

Unfortunately the Fasst transmitters don't have a module port :( So I'm stuck with either Futaba RX or the "Orange" RX.

Last edited:

Wanaero

Heard that orangerx is not good for heli as it would cause the servo to jitter. I am using a futaba 7c. Can't afford the 8fg since i've spent so much on my 2 heli.
And my friend told me that this 6ex model do not have a sub trim program in it.
Is this true?

Heard that orangerx is not good for heli as it would cause the servo to jitter. I am using a futaba 7c. Can't afford the 8fg since i've spent so much on my 2 heli.
And my friend told me that this 6ex model do not have a sub trim program in it.
Is this true?

The Orange Futaba Clone RX's only jitter the servo's if you run Analog servo's on the HighSpeed setting which is normally for Digital servo's ,,, Analog servo's run OK in NormalSpeed setting
The 6EX doesnt have subtrim in the menu, but has Digital Trim which stores in Memories can either be set from menu or trim switches

Have been Testing the FrSky TFR8 FASST RX with some servo's for range testing and I walked 2klm and all still working OK
A buddy (Rob) in Perth,WA also did a range test with his Futaba 8FG using the Orange FASST RX and the FrSky TFR8 and got more than 2.8Klm below is his range testing video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom