Kits Fuse Covering Trickiness

mooserider

Hey folks, been MIA for a while (I work a lot). Anyhow, trying to finish up my biplane (Super Skybolt), and I could use some ideas on this. Please see the attached photo. Full disclosure here... I've covered a good 3 dozen planes in my day (starting with tissue for U-controlled), but never got to the point I felt like I as an expert. This bipe I'm working on.... I'd like to make it look really nice. Bit frustrated that I can't think of a good way to cover the fuse w/o obvious seems. Just 'hide' the seam on top of the fuse maybe, under the wing?

Thanks for any suggestions, they are greatly appreciated!

PS. The new subscription model is cool [Tony]. I only visit sporadically, but get so much help from the site when I do, it's definitely worth subscribing.

Attachments

• skybolt_cabane_wires.JPG
    skybolt_cabane_wires.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 9

Tony

Staff member
There is a way to cover it in one piece, but it takes a very long time to master stretching and shrinking the covering just right. And there is absolutely no way with those stand-off's on top. You will definitely have to cover those. Best thing I can see to do is use a piece on top under that wire, then another piece to cover the rest of the top and then a piece for each side.

And thanks Moose for being an RCH Supporter! That is awesome!

mooserider

Thanks, as always Tony. Well, covering is coming soon. Thank you for the advice. I guess I'll just hide it under the top wing.

Adding a few pics. One more wing to go (joining it) and I'm ready to cover.

Attachments

• fuse_and_ys.JPG
    fuse_and_ys.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 6
  • feathers_and bottom_wing.JPG
    feathers_and bottom_wing.JPG
    322.8 KB · Views: 5
  • skybolt_cabane_wires.JPG
    skybolt_cabane_wires.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 4
  • wing.JPG
    wing.JPG