funny story

I have this funny story that i read while i was surfing on rcgroups web site.
Their was a guy asking why his motor was not working after to week of buying a new motor.The other part of the post the guy said that he was told to put the motor in water to break it in. For what the post continued to say, the guy did put the motor in the water and now is woundering why the motor no longer works.One guys reply was " I told you that it whould remove the lube and oil from it and the guy beleived it

Tony

Staff member
Back in the day, with brushed motors, this was a way to break the brushes and com in. Yes, you had to dry it all the way and relube the bearings, but it did work. I used break in lube myself.

Tony

Staff member
Gaba, it wasn't about making a reliable motor, it was about taking a motor and getting every little last bit of power out of it. We used to cut our brushes so they would advance the timing of the motor. This being done on a "stock" motor that you couldn't adjust the timing on. We were stuck with 24º of timing I think, and we could cut the brushes in a way to get as much as 36º out of them. There is a reason I have all of the trophy's and ribbons hanging on my shelf from the racin' I did lmao. And also why in the later years, why I got out of it because it got boring running with the same 3 people in the front...

Tony

Staff member
It's called winning. Being on top is always best lol. Just gets boring when that's the only place you are, and it's the same week after week.

Tony

Staff member
Hey, I hovered the mcpx in the living room last week to see if it still flew lmao. But, your right, I need to pick it back up. I'm sure I will need some WD-40 to knock all of this rust off... But I will get there. I have a few plans, just need some money lol. Give me time.

Top Bottom