Other frsky whats the consensus

murankar

Staff member
Well I think on Monday I will be ordering my electrics. I should have some b-day money to spend. Anyhow I am maybe considering on trying frsky module and receiver with telemetry. For $32 is it worth it and would it work with the th9x?

Westy

LEGEND
Not sure about TH9x ..... but I do know that ER9x does support it ... you have to do some mods to the Main BOard to accept the Telemetry and then load the ER9x TELEMETRY version. ther is heaps of support on THIS SITE

I als oknow they have perfected Voice activated alarms etc :)

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Just ordered the programmer from e-bay. Should have it by monday and I will be doing the mod to flash it. Not sure how I want to install the flasher at this point.

Tony

Staff member
You get what you pay for bro, that's about all I can say about it. Hope all goes well for ya.

Westy

LEGEND
I had a good run out of my Turnigy 9x and it had awesome range (1.1KM) and never browned out or failed on me. all my vids on how to flash it are in ER9X wiki.

murankar

Staff member
Thank you guys. I was just wanting to try something new. I saw a video by flitetest and it seemed to work nicely at close range.

Tony; I have leaned about going cheap. I like the fact that I can try something new. If I do order it I will give my thoughts on it.

Tony

Staff member
Oh you bet and I totally agree. I just like to post that up so that people that do actually purchase something like this know that since it's cheap, there could be issues with it. HOpe there is not though and it works great for you. However, I do still think you need to join the club and get the DX8 lmao.

Lee

The FrSky system is well respected in the FPV world. Unless you are going long range system UHF, it seem to be the go to system. Guys are taking it out to beyond 5km. There are many RXs and telemetry sensors available for it too. I was thinking to try it myself for FPV amd keep my DX8 for my Helis. Kiof uses the FrSky system and loves it.

murankar

Staff member
I am looking at the JR ACCT version. I believe that I maybe able to bind JR RXs to it also. The RX is 8 channel so I am loosing a channel but then again I am only using 6 now so it should not be to much of an issue.

Westy

LEGEND
why not save yourself the pain and suffering if doing all the mods on a 9x Turnigy or alternative name .... and get a 9Xr and simply get het FRsky module combo for it.... Plug and play and bulletproof.... all or under a hundred bucks! and you will have telemetry

murankar

Staff member
Availability, it has not been in stock for some time. I know I can get on the order list, but that could take some time. I have the back light done and I dont plan on doing more than the firmware.

Maybe during the summer I may do the 9xr but I would rather save for a higher grade tx.

For now my setup is working great and don't have a pressing need to upgrade right now.

Westy

LEGEND
yeah! I thought that ..... I was looking this morning and saw that. then saw your post ...... and thought ... hmmm wonder if he has seen that :)

murankar

Staff member
Oh you bet and I totally agree. I just like to post that up so that people that do actually purchase something like this know that since it's cheap, there could be issues with it. HOpe there is not though and it works great for you. However, I do still think you need to join the club and get the DX8 lmao.

I am actually more on the JR side of the house right now. Anyhow I should be on track to place my order next week. Oh yeah before I forget I would like to do my bipe setup on the old software before doing the flash and then redo the setup and see which is better. I am thinking the er software will be better since it has every thing I would want like mixing and eventually telemetry.

- - - Updated - - -

Westy I came across your videos last night on the software upgrade. I found them through google. I maybe wanting some info on doing a six pin config instead of the 10 pin. I will be using an IDE cable reduced to work for this mod.

Top Bottom