Projects FPV Racer project

trainrider06

ok i am thinking seriously about an FPV racer.
This is what I want for now, something fairly decent, not junk but not top of the line.
Motors: good ones, but not ones that will break my bank.
ESC's: 12a? Simon K's
Controller: what should I stay away from??
I want a CF frame, and also I want to have the ability to eventually add FPV to it. What controller would be best for this? Something that allows me to just plug in the components of the future added FPV systems? Is this available??

Derek

I'm sure there are many others that are much more experienced than I am and I'm sure they will come along. Until they do...here's my few cents...

Nearly any 250 frame will allow for a good setup with a good FPV system. I'm on my 4th frame right now. I have the ZMR250. I got the frame from BuddyRC.com for $24. I have Sunnysky 2207 2100kv motors (from BuddyRC) and they were $15 each. I have 20amp Afro esc's, flashed with blheli, from Hobbyking. I think these were $10-$12 each but I'd suggest getting esc's that are already flashed with blheli firmware (just to save headaches). The Sunnysky motors are good for 3S and 4S setups.

I get all my FPV stuff from readymaderc.com, getfpv.com, multirotorsuperstore.com, and stoneblueairlines.com.

As for a flight controller....I have two Naze32 boards and I've had very little trouble with them. The only troubles that I've had with them come when I'm trying something new. The set up isn't real difficult. Many people talk highly about the cc3d, the dodo, the lumineer, and many more.

I hope this helps a bit. I'm sure others will come along with more beneficial info.

trainrider06

That is perfect! I don't want to sink a boat load of cash into it at first but want a good base! Thanks so much Derek!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm sure there are many others that are much more experienced than I am and I'm sure they will come along. Until they do...here's my few cents...

Nearly any 250 frame will allow for a good setup with a good FPV system. I'm on my 4th frame right now. I have the ZMR250. I got the frame from BuddyRC.com for $24. I have Sunnysky 2207 2100kv motors (from BuddyRC) and they were $15 each. I have 20amp Afro esc's, flashed with blheli, from Hobbyking. I think these were $10-$12 each but I'd suggest getting esc's that are already flashed with blheli firmware (just to save headaches). The Sunnysky motors are good for 3S and 4S setups.

I get all my FPV stuff from readymaderc.com, getfpv.com, multirotorsuperstore.com, and stoneblueairlines.com.

As for a flight controller....I have two Naze32 boards and I've had very little trouble with them. The only troubles that I've had with them come when I'm trying something new. The set up isn't real difficult. Many people talk highly about the cc3d, the dodo, the lumineer, and many more.

I hope this helps a bit. I'm sure others will come along with more beneficial info.

Hey trainrider06. I had the chance to talk to Derek awhile back when I bought an AR7200BX from him "still working great" and ever since then he's been a great help to me right from the get go. I always appreciate is advice and there's no bull with him. Good man to learn from. :)

Derek

Thanks for that, DOG!!! I surely don't know it all but what little I do know could prove useful to someone, lol

trainrider06

Oh I have been on this site for a few years and Derek has always been very helpful, and a good dude to know so your not telling me anything I don't already know Ivan! :)

Stambo

Those sunnysky 2207s at 2000kv may be a bit sluggish on 3s unless you have some fairly high pitched props or maybe tri blades and high c 3s batteries.
You can get some way cheaper 2300kv mini motors from emax or similar that would suit 3s better and give longer flight time.

Top Bottom