Videos FPV Monitors

Flamin Jewel

I bought a 7" Tablet for my Phantom FC40. I was really disappointed since I couldn't see anything on the screen even though I was using a cardboard box as a sunshade. I bought the tablet because I don't own a smart phone and the FC40 camera uses Wi-Fi. Is there a certain type of screen or filter to do this?

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, post up and let this guy know what LCD monitor you are using on your FPV gear. Lets help a fellow member out and try to get the glare off of his screen.

Here is what I would suggest. Line the inside with a black felt if you are set on using a tablet. Tablets are not known for their abilities out in the sun, and they wash out really easy. Lining the inside with Felt will help darken it down. The only other thing is maybe making it deeper so you have to look further to see the screen. This will help to block more of the sun out. But again, this is only if you are set on using the tablet and not wanting to go with another type of screen that has anti-glare screens.

Derek

element tv.png

I'm using an Element 19" flat screen tv. I got it for $106 with tax from Walmart. This tv is nice because it can, and does, operate from a 12v battery source...in my case, a 3S 5000mah Zippy powers my entire ground station. I have the tv and the rest of my ground station components mounted inside a camping cooler and I have a foldable/collapsible sunshade to go around the perimeter of the cooler lid. I get a real good picture. Just be sure turn the screen away from the sun so that there is NO chance for any glare. Your cardboard box should work as a sun shade.

element tv.png

Top Bottom