Forum Changes Are Coming

Tony

Staff member
I just want to let everyone know, we are going to be making some DRASTIC changes to the forum very soon. Things may seem a little confusing at first, but if you have questions, all you have to do is ask and we will help out.

The main change that we are going to do is we are going to condense the forum down a LOT. Every section of Helicopters are all going to be under the Helicopter forum. All sections of Airplnes are going to be in an airplane category and so on. I know what you are thinking though, this is going to be a nightmare to search for topics that I want, and in truth, it will actually be easier.

When you search with this new format, you will use a prefix (which will be required when you make a thread). With this prefix, you can find ALL threads that match that prefix. In every section, there will be a 'Legend' at the top where you can click on, lets say, 450 and it will ONLY SHOW the 450 class helicopters. Same with searching, you will enter your keyword, then you will search for a prefix (prefix is optional, but greatly narrows down teh results).

Again, this is going to be a drastic change and we will be here to help any of you that need our help with the new layout. If you can think of anything that you would like to see, just post up and let us know.

Tony

Staff member
A huge shout-out to rdsok for getting my mind spinning about a legend for these prefixes. I knew it was going to be hard for everyone to understand where everything is on the new layout, but he said something about putting a legend at the top of the forum. I started coding it in and was just getting ready to start the permissions per forum section when I found an add-on that was already written. Saved me about a week of coding lol. If it wasn't for him letting me know that we needed a legend, I would not have thought about this. Thanks Randy!

The process has started. I have started adding prefixes to the helicopter sections and once that is done, I will be putting them ALL in one section. Then I still start on the Airplane section, then cars/trucks, and so on. It will take some time, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Tony

Staff member
You can now see the very first section and how the others are going to be laid out. Click on the Forum tab above, and you will see Helicopters at the top of the forum. You will also notice that one section will have over 3000 posts in it. Once you go into it, you will see a legend at the top where you can do a very quick search for the size of helicopter you wish to search for. We will be adding more helicopter sizes soon. If you have suggestions, post them up.

Tony

Staff member
And I only have two sections done lol. Man it takes forever to get all of the prefixes created then get them on every forum section, and then moving all of them. But it should come along in due time.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Dino! Thanks for that! It was a lot of work, but I think it is all worth it. Seems to be accepted pretty well.

bigone5500

Tony, I have done a search for threads I created before the change. They are not there. Are you still in the process of moving posts? FYI: It's one about the aerobird xtreme in which I built a new tail for it.

bigone5500

This is strange. I'm sure I made a post about the tail rebuild. I followed the link above and looked through all 7 pages and didn't see it. No big deal.

Thanks anyway. I'll go take my 'for dummies' meds now.

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, I have completed setting the Prefixes for the Electronics as well as the Transmitter section. They are now in the Tech section under Electronics and Transmitters & Receivers. Shortening up the forum even more!!

ChopDrifter

Hello Tony just a suggestion, probably best to have the New Posts at the top as it was before, and put the Top Posters underneath Forum Statistics??

Tony

Staff member
Yea I just added that and I need to go in and do some template changes to move it. Not that hard I just need time to do it and right now I’m not at the house. But I willl get it done soon.

Top Bottom