Other FlySky GT3b

callsign4223

Staff member
I purchased an old Traxxas 2.5 a while back. It came with the old 27mhz AM tx/rx. After thinking about it some I have decided I want to upgrade that to a new 2.4ghz system, but I don't want to shell out major cash for a new tx/rx system. I'm not so worried about loss of signal on the ground as I am with my flying models so I am willing to look at cheaper/off-brand systems for this. That being said, I found the Flysky gt3b on sale on hobbypartz in a tx/rx combo for $40. It looks like a good deal to me, I just wanted to see what the hive mind here thought about going this route.

I have also read online that this transmitter might work better with custom firmware, and I found a site selling it pre-modded for $50. I was wondering if it would be worth it to go ahead and get the pre-modded version.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure why you would need a modded version. It's just throttle and steering, that's it. $40, it's worth a shot.

callsign4223

Staff member
The mod is supposed to fix issues with the expo, unlock additional channels(dont understand how, and only comes with a 3 channel rx) and give extra model memory. I don't really think I need the modded one, but if people have done it then they obviously believe there is benefit in it. I was just wondering if anyone else had this tx and had done the mod or not and if they liked it in the first place.

Tony

Staff member
right on. at most you will only use 3 channels, with channel 3 being your reverse. However, I might suggest putting a reverse lockout in that transmission. Makes them much stronger. Either way you go, keep us posted.

Top Bottom