Other Flysky Fsi10 Buddy Box Problem

stuart cann

I have set up my 2 Fs i10's as shown in instructions. I can use the Tutor Tx to operate the servos but when I hold switch E to pass control to the student the Tutor Tx is cut off but no control is passed to the student Tx. I am using a standard 2 wire Stereo cable and have tried 3 different types, Both transmitters are set to the same model and setup. I have tried reversing the roles of the Tx's by making the Student Tx into the Tutor and binding it to a different Tx. The same thing happens. I have Real Flight 8 and have used both Tx's on it without problem. The stereo port is used to connect to the system, so it must be working. The only thig I can think of is that Flysky reverse the connection on the Stereo cable, but then why would the stereo jack support the Realflight. connection?. I have contacted Flysky about the problem but going by past emails I have sent them I don't hold out much hope of a reply. Any ideas or experience would be appreciated. Also the Realflight connector is Mono. My next attempted fix would be to use a Mono cable between the 2 Tx's and also try Mono to Stereo adaptors with a Stereo cable. Have now tried a Mono cable and mono adaptors to stereo cable same result.Other people on the site seem to have had the same lack of response from Flysky Customer Servies when reporting problems ie nil response. PLEASE NOTE I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM. For anyone wanting to buddy up with a pair of Flysky i10's and you don't have the cable supplied by Flysky this is the easy solution, Buy a normal Stereo 3,5mm cable . This has a Tip, a Ring and an Earth connection . All you need to do is cut the cable and identify the tip and ring wires and connect them Tip to Ring and Ring to Tip and rejoin the Earths , insulate the joints and you have solved the problem. A cheaper alternative than buying the Flysky original.

Last edited:

stuart cann

Thanks for this . I have seen this video before and the Flysky is set as described. They just don't communicate with each other even though the settings are correct .

murankar

Staff member
I believe you need a mono cable for it to work. I don't use flysky so I can't say for sure. All I can say is try a mono jack.

murankar

Staff member
If it works in the sim I would believe it works. There has to be a setting that's off. Unfortunately I don't don't know those radios so I can't be of much help.

Top Bottom