FBL Gyro Flybarless System

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have the useless question for the day. Is there any reason why these flybarless system " Ikon, Gaui, Skookum ect" doesn't have antennas on them and the Spektrum The BEAST, Does? and will that make a difference? Just curious.

Derek

Well, I don't know anything about the Gaui, Skookum, etc but I do know that the Ikon has two ports that you can hook up two Spektrum remote rx's. I have the Ikon on my 600. I'm still learning about it and what it can do but I do know about the two ports. The Spektrum AR7200bx also has a single port for a remote rx.

murankar

Staff member
Because the Gaui v-bar mini, skookum, b.d. all need a sat or rx hooked up to them.

The AR7200BX has the rx built in.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Ikon is the same as skookum, needs a sat or rx to get signal.

cml001

What they said... The AR7200BX is the only one listed in this thread that is a reciever and flybarless controller in one unit... U can get the BeastX stand alone as well but... Y... Cheaper w the reciever built in and easier... On the build.. Whatcha got/work'n with?

pvolcko

AR7200BX is put out by Horizon Hobby and is Spektrum/JR DSM/DSMX specific. They build a receiver into it because it is targeted at a specific subset of the market, Spektrum/JR transmitter users.

Ikon, Skokum, Gaui, 3Gx/Align, etc. are "agnostic" when it comes to Tx technology. They are designed to work with Spektrum/JR, Futaba, and any other type by use of either satellites or a separate Rx. They are not linked to a company with a vested interest in selling a specific Tx/Rx technology.

wolfman76

Ikon does have an rx built in to it but no antennas or sats in our case you have to bind it just like a regular rx I have the mshbrain or rebranded ikon same thing i have had the Ikon also you can run any of the rebranded ikons with a separate rx or by itself like the compass tactx mshbrain or ikon they are all the same unit they just don't have any built in antenna but they still have to be bound just like a regular spectrum rx. .. hope that clears it up...

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I appreciate everyone advise especially Wolfman, we're talking about $100.00 difference. So i can fly my bird with just my DX6i plus Ikon FBL system ?

wolfman76

Yes all you need is a 6ch tx the ikon and atleast 1 sat antenna depending on size of the heli anything 500 size or bigger should have 2 sats smaller then that you be ok with 1...

cml001

Hummm, I think iKon is a 7 channel... At least w the use of gov and maybe the self level... Really not sure... 7 channel would be spot on tho for sure! Intersting ? Tho as I am thinking of try'n out iKon myself. Sorry could be of more help.

wolfman76

I don't remember either i know it will definitely work with a 6ch tx but add you said not sure if self level would still work. ..

pvolcko

I think they recently added 6ch tx support to the Ikon in a recent firmware update, or maybe it was 5ch support. I've never tried with anything lower than 7ch so can't say for sure.

murankar

Staff member
For some reason I am thinking with the dx6i you will need an rx not a sat. If I am recalling correctly in order to use a sat with the ikon you need a 7 channel or bigger.

danhampson

i run msh brain, 2 sats and a dx6i the only thing you dont have with the dx6i is the bank switching (there is a work around though).
The tail of the bird has to be setup before bank switching can be used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom