General Flybarless Setup Tool: B450 X BLH4302

Zaphod42

I have a Blade 450 flybarless conversion set. Came with a 'Flybarless Setup Tool' with absolutely no instructions on how to use it & the HH Web site has NO info on its use either (or at least I can't find any). Does anyone know how to use it? It would seem to me that use of a digital pitch gauge, swash levelling tool and BeastX programming makes this item redundant... but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know how to use it? It would seem to me that use of a digital pitch gauge, swash levelling tool and BeastX programming makes this item redundant... but I could be wrong.

Pix:

View attachment 13601

View attachment 13602

Link to HH item:
Flybarless Setup Tool: B450 X | HorizonHobby

Help? Or I'm happy to put it in the recycle bin.

Tony

Staff member
The way you have it in the picture is exactly how you use it. You will do this with an old style pitch gauge, or mechanical. You will set this rod on the top of the head after removing the button, then use the rod to read against the pitch gauge like you would a flybar.

If you have a digital pitch gauge though, then this item is useless as you can just zero out the gauge and use it to do the pitch settings. Hope this helps.

Zaphod42

Yeah, I had to click on the links. Looking into it.

Thanx guys - looks like a recycle bin part. Not having an old school pitch gauge, I've never had to use the 'sight line' method!

It would be nice if HH actually included some clues on how to use this for those like me who are clueless!

Top Bottom