500 flybarless gyros????

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Your asking a lot there kiddo! Lol. I just bought an ikon for my new 700 build so all I can say about it is that lee swears by it so I took his say so and bought one for myself. Now I've got the NAZA H GPS on my 600. Haven't flown It yet. Too cold and snowy out side for me. I have the NAZA M GPS on my QAV and love it though. I have no experiance with the rest. So that's ll I can say about it other than I almost went with the ar7200bx. Lots of people have it on our sight. They all swear by them has being a good one. But GABA and lee both say they like the ikon and brain, (same thing has the ikon) better.

Lee

I've had the beastx the Tarot and the ikon.
Tarot work well, it does the job, but it takes a little time to get it set up right, or it did for me any way.
The Beastx was easy to set up, doesn't need a PC to adjust which is very big + for me. Holdsmy 600 very well with minimal fine tuning.
The Ikon does need a PC to set up, but it is childs play to follow the on screen instructions, and once I did, the heli was perfect first time. No tuning needed. And it has auto bailout.
Tarot is cheap and cheer full. Beastx was slightly more expensive than the ikon.
So my vote is 1st IKON 2nd BEASTX and 3rd TAROT
Robird is a version of Beastx i think.

wolfman76

Thanks allot Lee i believe i am going to go with the ikon found it for about $224 on a couple of sites along wish a complete Tex 500 dfc upgrade including mainshaft and swash for $109 so this bird should be rock solid by the time i am done with out.... I will have good video of the maiden or should i say first actual maiden of this heli seeing as it has never left the ground since got it...

Last edited:

Lee

Cool deal dude.
You will love the IKON. I would offer my help to set it up, but seriously its so simple. :D

wolfman76

It will be an almost 100% align heli by the time i am done with it is already 80% align as is now

wolfman76

well ordered the ikon today should be hhere sometime round the 1st woohoo soon to order the 500 dfc head and swash upgrade kit.... i think this will deff. fix the issue of not being able to get this bird in the air.... In upgrading to the dfc head can i still use the same rotor blades or will i need to order diff blades also???

Tony

Staff member
Only difference is where the CoG is located. You can use yours for now and when you crash, just get the 3G blades.

Top Bottom