FBL Gyro flybarless controller?

danhampson

Im soon to be starting a new build a 500 FBL (im still not telling you Gaba its a surprise, going to leave some clues though)
the project is going to be bought in 2 parts airframe, servos, esc, motor, batterys and charger (6s) then the month later fbl convertion, fbl controller, sats and a dx8.
anyway enough rambling, im looking at FBL controllers and have narrowed it down to 2, Brain or Ikon. As far as i can see theres not really a lot of difference, or am i missing something?

- - - Updated - - -

ive download both lots of software and gone through the demo modes, the only difference i can see is the software and case colour/color and a bit on the price.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
cool I'll be getting the brain then its £20/30$ cheaper.

But

Ikon came out with a new design case. Better for esd protection and unlike the brain and the old ikon has a protection on that one port that first like to have power hooked to it. If you do .. On older ones and on brain, it bricks the ikon.

No changes in software or flight characteristics though.

I am flying brain. And I love it ! :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Lee

If you didn't understand that, the new Ikon unit has polarity protection. So if you plug in the power lead upside down by mistake, it won't damage the unit, where as the older one and the Brain will.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
If you didn't understand that, the new Ikon unit has polarity protection. So if you plug in the power lead upside down by mistake, it won't damage the unit, where as the older one and the Brain will.

And that one port (don't plug power here one) has a built protection too

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

danhampson

Thank guys. I think that for piece its worth £20. The main reason i was thinking ikon/brain is because of the bail out feature. Is there anything else on the market that does as much for the same sort of price?

Westy

LEGEND
I thought servo plugs were designed to have the power feed in the centre pin ... making it irrelevant as you cannot get the polarity wrong ..... it will not complete the circuit due to the earth being plugged into the signal port.??

Lee

Thank guys. I think that for piece its worth £20. The main reason i was thinking ikon/brain is because of the bail out feature. Is there anything else on the market that does as much for the same sort of price?

I know i call it Bailout sometimes, but its actually auto level. It will stabilise the heli but not necessarily save you from a crash. Heli Command has the HC3 SX i think its called. This has a bail out function but its $499

Last edited:

danhampson

The hc3 sx is out of my price range at the mo.
Ive seen some vids on youtube where when they have turned on the auto level its flipped the heli from inverted and leveled, i like the idea as a training aid , so if i get into trouble i can level the heli and regain control.
Found this vid

Last edited by a moderator:

danhampson

Ive seen it on youtube lee, i hadnt realised it was you. I should search the forum vids more. Lol
Would you recommend it for a beginner on a 500?

Top Bottom