General Flybarless Blades vs Flybarred Blades

Derek

I was certain that I have asked this questions on the forum before but I scrolled back many many pages and can't find a single thread that relates to my questions.

1. Is the only difference between the two styles of blades the balance?

2. Can you run flybarless blades on a flybarred heli and vise versa without causing any grief to the heli nor myself?

stokke

As far as I know, both types of blades can be used on a FBL-heli. I'm not sure whether you can use FBL-blades on a FB-heli though?

FBL-blades are heavier than the FB-blades (to compensate for flybar paddles).

Lee

You can use either or. To the average joe like you and me, the differences may only be subtle.
As Marius said, the FBL blades are weighted to help with stability.

pvolcko

FBL blades have CG further out toward on the blade. FB blades have CG closer to the root. FB blades can be used with FBL systems, but you may find that it is "twitchy" compared to running with FBL blades. The FBL system may have to work a bit harder to maintain stability, which will result in some small additional servo stress and heating possibly.

Derek

hmmmm, well, I have a FBL project in mind and it sound like I better just order the FBL head and controller in order to do what I want to do....just to avoid any unnecessary stress on my helicopter, my checkbook, and myself, lol.

Thanks for the reply, guys!

Top Bottom