General Flybar lock

Samandor

Have been futzing around with improvised flybar locks for pitch setting, and have decided it might be worth buying something, preferably with a range of application for various heli sizes. Any suggestions?

Lee

I'm not sure if it will suit you specific application, but I was just looking at the SOKO Heli tool. Great for setting up the head, if a little expensive.

Samandor

I'm not sure if it will suit you specific application, but I was just looking at the SOKO Heli tool. Great for setting up the head, if a little expensive.

That looks like an outstanding rig, but I don't think I'm there yet. I think I need something simple that attaches to the top of the head, with thumbscrews for adjustment. Have seen some things like this in web searches, but as a how-to rather than purchaseable. Making a good one is slightly beyond beyond my machining capacity. (Still learning CP, and working thru Tony's great head setup video on a CopterX 450).

murankar

Staff member
I read the review on this on rchelination. This looks like the last level you will need. It is supposed to be easy to use and it looks like it would be. To each their own I guess.

Your only other options would be to use a digital pitch gauge or your cell phone. I did not have much luck with phone.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Samandor

I have a digital pitch gauge - my problem is simple and ridiculous. Just need a mechanical lock for the flybar that is adjustable and attaches at the top, so the blades can be turned without messing it up, once perpendicularized. My efforts with cardboard, styrofoam, and alligator clips have been semi-workable, but would like something made of less ephemeral components. The SOKO unit is something I might consider in the future - still working the CopterX with training wheels. (BTW - how much does that SOKO kit cost? In reading about it, I didn't find a price, but am pretty sure that I need a lot more experience and another heli before it'd be justified.)

Top Bottom