Other FLY SKY FS - TH9X SUGGESTIONS For UPGRADE

Hello
I have a FLY SKY FS-TH9X. I JUST INSTALLED THE FRSKY Telemetry module And The 1500mah 9.9v 1c Life Battery now. i only fly air plane i was thinking about putting the smartieparts board in the tx. i'm new to this. so i was wondering would it be a good idea to instal it. or I would not need it for the planes. i have the DHT-U on order at the moment. what would the benefits be if the answer is yes FOR THE SMARTIEPARTS BOARD. any help to a fellow modeler would be well appreciated

Stambo

The range of a stock 9x is up to 1k, with FRSKY module etc that heads for 2.5+ km.
I still have mine on stock firmware and that was plenty for my quads, and I assume the same applies for most planes.
I am not familiar with smartiepants but I assume this allows you to install opentx firmware which is very similar to the Taranis.
I would say learn one thing at a time.

I have upgraded to the Taranis and I love it, but the firmware had a huge learning curve.
The 9x is still used but now mainly as a trainer attached to the Taranis as master.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
That board makes for the easy way to upgrade the 9x. If you want to take advantage of it You will need to flash er9x or the like to it.

I have er9x without the board. It is not to difficult to do but does need soldering. Without the the board I can't use a lot of features in the firmware but I really don't need them.

The back light is a cheap and easy plug and play upgrade. Even if you forgo the smartyparts board do the back light. Does not add much but an easier to see display while in the shade or around sunset (while it's still easy to see your models) .

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom