Fly barless

bearfoot

Hi friends, qustion If I buy a 450 or 600 Flybarless heli will I need to change readios I got a DX6I now??

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I think the 450 is fine with the 6i. The Align 600 I believe needs a 7 channel minimum Tx. Besides, after having watched Tony's video on the dx8, I'm very impressed with it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
You don't need to change anything. I am flying my 600 nitros on 6i.. It's beautiful! 7th channel os good to have, but I run a governor and everything . I don't need it.

X8 os awesome but not needed for flybarless.

Radio is not involved in FBL. :)

Morelight

Fearless Freep
You don't need to change anything. I am flying my 600 nitros on 6i.. It's beautiful! 7th channel os good to have, but I run a governor and everything . I don't need it.

X8 os awesome but not needed for flybarless.

Radio is not involved in FBL. :)

My bad Gaba. The hobby sites i've been window shopping on for 600 and 700 fbl electrics mention a 7 channel Rx for the birds. I thought it also means you need a 7 channel Tx minimum as well.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok.. They ask for a 7channel rx and they mean to use a 7channel tx with it.

Confused yet? Lol

Ok, the controls and settings of a 600 are no different that your 450 or 250... It's all the same number of servos on your cyclic and tail controls. The throttle servo in nitros is replaced by your esc in the electrics so there is one channel. 3 for cyclic, and two for rudder. 6 channels.

The seventh channel which they say is good to have is for the governor.. For electrics until and unles you are exceeding the gear ratio given to you by the manufacturer or putting higher cell batteries in it, you dont need that. What governor does os limits your head speed so that it keeps in limits of the design and doesn't disintegrate under load. So for that you would use a 7th channel.

It's almost a must with nitros to have a governor. Now I was under the same impression that you can't use a governor on a bird until you have the 7th channel. Until I found that many good governors out there work with 6channel transmitters too. Like I use multigov pro or multigov.. They are great! You had only one head speed of you dont have the 7th channel, thats the one you would program into your governor. This is true for electrics and nitros. Now when you go to 7chanels you get an option to select your head speed out of the two or three options whatever your radio provided you. So say on normal mode you have 1800 rpm, idle up 1 is 1900 and idle up 2 @2100..

So is 7 channel needed for 600 absolutely not. Is it good to have .. yes. But again not required. ESP not for electric. Tiny used to fly (or maiden lol) his 600 electric on his dx6i..

Having a 7 channel rx, you'll NEED a 7 channel tx.

Now as far as flybarless is concerned, all this does not matter. Flybarless doesn't add any channels. It's just a gyro which translates your inputs to the swash and corrects any movements that you didn't intend to happen.

Hope this explained a bit.

That's also one of the reasons I cannot rationalize upgrading my tx. Lol i don't need another channel. And if I upgrade , that'll mean to get the eBay out of it, I'll need to upgrade my rx's on my 600 birds... :))

Morelight

Fearless Freep
great explanation Gaba. I was confused also about the channels, since fb or fbl big heli's commonly use 3 swash servos and a high speed tail servo....which is 6 channels=dx6i. the stores saying to use a 7 channel Rx, threw me off. I figured that it was necessary to fly big heli's with those, because the 7th channel was some sort of needed channel for system telemetry or stabilization thing.

thanks for clearing my confusion sir.

Top Bottom