450 Fixing Blade 360CFX after crash.

Yamovitch

So, my first true collective nicked a wooden stake at low altitude (~3ft), and took a hit.
Bent/broken parts replaced, but have little idea how to set swash, tail, etc.
If it's in another section of the forums, a link would be great.
Then again, if it's anywhere else on the web, a link to that would be great, too.

Thanks!

Yamovitch

there are a lot of build and setup videos that can give you some ideas. If you need to adjust the swash plate you will need a swash level tool. A cheap alternative can be to use a zip tie as shown here. http://www.rc-help.com/content.php?416-Level-Your-Swash-With-A-Zip-Tie. Check out to RCH how to section (top ribbon of the home page). What exactly did you need to replace?

I replaced two out of three of the swash linkages, one blade linkage , main blades (of course ), and port (pitch?) servo. Pretty straightforward stuff - I used a digital caliper to measure the good swash linkage so as to get the other two pretty close. The real issue is that the tail rotor, it's servo, the vertical and horizontal stabs on the boom all took small impacts. Not enough for damage, but sufficient for pretty neat-looking misalignment. So, regarding THAT stuff, I called Horizon and they were of no help. What I'm looking to do is, and I'm not sure of correct terminology, so please bear with me, set up the tail boom, rotor, and it's servo, etc, to the best "mechanical zero" before I get into BeastX setup. Make sense?

Eggy 71

You definitely got a good start on it. I haven't done anything with the 360 yet so my advice is just genetic. Swash links are only the same length if the servos are are mounted on the frame exactly even. Especially if you installed a new servo it's important that the servo arm is exactly 90 degrees to the swash link in the neutral position. With those arms at 90 the swash will be level if the links are the right length. The levelling tool or the zip tie method will verify that or tell you which servo link a slight adjustment.
As for the tail as long as the boom hasn't moved in or out, anything bent or the rudder control rod length changed all should be fine. As for a mechanical zero I just make sure in the neutral position the servo arm is 90 to the rudder control rod and that the bell crank is square and the tail pitch slider is in the middle of travel on the tail shaft. This will ensure the servo has full travel both ways. The gyro will constantly be adjusting and a mechanical zero doesn't necessarily mean no spin on spool up.

KLA

Derek is exactly correct on hoe to mechanically setup your tail. Servo arm 90°to the tail control rod and tail pitch slider in the middle if travel and the BeastX will do the rest. Just make sure you are in Rate Mode while you are adjusting and centering everything. If you adjust everything correctly in Rate Mode when you switch to Heading Hold Mode the tail will hold great.

Top Bottom