first test/maiden flight of V120D02s with devo 8s

taizi

I just had to write something about my new heli and transmitter, because i'm really chuffed (happy)

ive just got a Walkera V120D02s 3D heli with a Devo 8s transmitter, which together cost me 200rmb which is about $260 and im not kidding when i say these are awsome!!

the heli was very well set-up when i received it, but i went over everything anyway, everything was tight and well made (considering its cheap), and the devo8s is really comfortable and usable, its got the 2,1/2 inch colour touch screen which is clear and everything is easy to find and adjust (once you get used to the layout)

my maiden flight was great,and i think ive moved up abit from complete rookie but im still an amateur and i took to flying this little bird straight away, im always scared of crashing my 250 and 450 so its taken along time to fly in all directions with confidence, but last night with the 120 i was flying like it was a 4ch , the 120 is soo stable and responsive that it just inspires confidence, and i was doing pyro's figure 8's and throwing it around like ive been flying for years, even nose -in was no problem

i decided to get this heli because i needed a new transmitter and its sold a part of a combined deal, and im glad i did, its not really possible for me to use a sim because im too busy with school work etc. but i can fly this little heli in my lunch break, and because its 3D i can practice without risking my more expensive helis, ive seen loads of vids where people have smashed the v120 into the ground and then they just pick it up and fly again
so i guess what im saying about this thing is, if your a rookie, amateur or pro this little heli will bring a smile to your face, for rookies like me its a great one to start on because of how stable it flies, and for the many pro's on here its a great fun heli capable of sport 3D as i dont think its up to the standards of serious 3D, but real fun none the less, it will take alot of punishment and as long as you dont try and dig it into the ground it should survive most crashes, and even if you do break something the parts a really cheap so win win wooohoooo!!!!!!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
No it comes with a walkers devo radio.. Not spektum compatible as far as I know.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

taizi

i will try and video it but there is only me at the mo
but check out youtube there are some good pilots on there flying it and will look better than a rookie pilot like me

it takes about 1, 1/2 hours to charge but it delivers about 8-19 mins of flight, and the charger supplied can charge 2 batts at a time

they also do a sweet metal and carbon version of the same heli (M120D02s), and i must say from what ive seen of the latest Walkera products im really immpressed with their range, i know they are not Align or Guaiu but for cheap good helis and equipment they seem real good value

i will keep you posted if any problems rise but from what ive seen already , i would say that they (for the money) are well worth investing in

taizi

as far as i know it is only BNF with walkera radios, i havent read all the instructions yet but still pretty sure it has to be a walkera devo transmitter
the standard deal option for the v120 is a devo 10 but all radios are compatible and although i coulnt afford it the devo 12s is a really nice piece of kit and ive even heard it compared to the latest JR 11ch/12ch radios

devo 6,7,10 radios are with normal black/white screens and devo 6e/7e/8s/12 are colour touch screens

- - - Updated - - -

i will try and video it but there is only me at the mo
but check out youtube there are some good pilots on there flying it and will look better than a rookie pilot like me

it takes about 1, 1/2 hours to charge but it delivers about 8-19 mins of flight, and the charger supplied can charge 2 batts at a time

they also do a sweet metal and carbon version of the same heli (M120D02s), and i must say from what ive seen of the latest Walkera products im really immpressed with their range, i know they are not Align or Guaiu but for cheap good helis and equipment they seem real good value

i will keep you posted if any problems rise but from what ive seen already , i would say that they (for the money) are well worth investing in

Top Bottom