General First question, probably stupid!

treff

Could anyone recommend cyclic servos for HK450 v2. I know there are lots out there but first heli build. I would like three that are robust but do not cost the earth. Also, pushing my luck, recommendations for a giro and tail servo. ``````again something that will not strain my tiny pension to much. I have a leaning towards the HK one but not to sure. Any help, thoughts would be appreciated.

Lee

Have a look on GiantShark They have most of the same gear as Hobby king. You are looking for 9g servos for a 450. HKs UK warehouse has some good options. But for the cheap and cheerful one that work and i had on my first heli, there are the HXT900 or Towerpro SG90 which are basically the same servo. Also theres the Carbon geared one Towerpro 9g SG92R Carbon Fiber Gears
I know these aren't in stock but they are also on the HK website.
If you want to chat on skype about setting up your heli, I'm always online at weelee72. Call me now if you want.

Slobberdog

I have the tower pros all round on mine, being a learner can't see me stressing them out to much.

Kev.........

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the EXI D213F's are what I"m using on all of my mini planes and I have used them on heli's with good success. Hobbypartz.com has them, not sure if they are in stock or not though. D113F is the exact same servo, just plastic gears as stated above.

I will say this, and I know you don't want to hear it. If you are going to spend any money on the heli, do it on the tail. Get a GOOD gyro and servo so you will not be fighting yourself later on. My suggestion is at least a GP790+DS520. You can find these on the forums pretty cheap from people that are going flybarless.

If you must though, you can find a knockoff servo that has a speed of at least .08 or faster for the tail. 9g or 26g servo should fit on the tail, unless it's a pro version, then you will need the 26g as the 520 is. The servo has to be digital for the gyro that I'm going to suggest but not highly recommended.

The knockoff gyro that you can use, and again, I don't really suggest it, is the HobbyKing GA-250. That one is in stock at the moment. There is one in the UK warehouse, and you can find that one HERE, but it's not in stock ATM.

That gyro is a MEMS gyro and will be much better than the HK401b or whatever it is that's a piezoelectric gyro. MEMS is MUCH better, and even though it's a knockoff of the Quark, it's still pretty good. I can't stand HK, but I still have to go by what I experienced with that gyro, and it was pretty stable. Still some drift though.

Hope this helps. And remember, the only stupid question is the one that is never asked. So ask anything that you have a question for. We will be here to answer it.

treff

Yes, the EXI D213F's are what I"m using on all of my mini planes and I have used them on heli's with good success. Hobbypartz.com has them, not sure if they are in stock or not though. D113F is the exact same servo, just plastic gears as stated above.

I will say this, and I know you don't want to hear it. If you are going to spend any money on the heli, do it on the tail. Get a GOOD gyro and servo so you will not be fighting yourself later on. My suggestion is at least a GP790+DS520. You can find these on the forums pretty cheap from people that are going flybarless.

If you must though, you can find a knockoff servo that has a speed of at least .08 or faster for the tail. 9g or 26g servo should fit on the tail, unless it's a pro version, then you will need the 26g as the 520 is. The servo has to be digital for the gyro that I'm going to suggest but not highly recommended.

The knockoff gyro that you can use, and again, I don't really suggest it, is the HobbyKing GA-250. That one is in stock at the moment. There is one in the UK warehouse, and you can find that one HERE, but it's not in stock ATM.

That gyro is a MEMS gyro and will be much better than the HK401b or whatever it is that's a piezoelectric gyro. MEMS is MUCH better, and even though it's a knockoff of the Quark, it's still pretty good. I can't stand HK, but I still have to go by what I experienced with that gyro, and it was pretty stable. Still some drift though.

Hope this helps. And remember, the only stupid question is the one that is never asked. So ask anything that you have a question for. We will be here to answer it.

Many thanks Tony that info is a great help. I am just gathering all the bits together for a first heli so thanks again. Also looking for 6 foot wide skids ha ha.

Lee

A couple of 2X4 from B&Q should do the trick Trev :D LOL Might find it hard to lift off though. :)

Westy

LEGEND
These are available now in the UK warehouse Turnigy TG9e 9g / 1.5kg / 0.10sec Eco Micro Servo (UK Warehouse)
Heres are cheap but works well gyro. HobbyKing GA-250 MINI-MEMS Gyro
I'll look for a good tail servo later. Just gotta pop out for a bit.

Those gyros are not too bad! and also the TG9e are pretty good too (they are identical to the HXT900) - I have used and sold heaps of them., they are pretty reliable but will strip on a good smack down.

TAIL Servo.....

Here is a pretty good cheap servo from HK

it is 0.07/sec and delivers 1.8kg torque ....

treff

Those gyros are not too bad! and also the TG9e are pretty good too (they are identical to the HXT900) - I have used and sold heaps of them., they are pretty reliable but will strip on a good smack down.

TAIL Servo.....

Here is a pretty good cheap servo from HK

it is 0.07/sec and delivers 1.8kg torque ....
Many thanks for that info Westy. I did find the postage cost more than the servos so I have gone with some 9g metal gear ones from Giantshark. Now I will decide how much to spend on Giro.
My old wallet is creaking under the strain. All the moths have flown.

Westy

LEGEND
no worries! anytime.

if you relate it to fast Motorcycles..... the only thing between you and hitting the tar .... is your tires and brakes .... skimp on those and it will bite you .... in helis it is tail servos and gyros! haha

Top Bottom