First manouvers with my Trex 450 3GX

pavotibio

Just getting to feel the sticks....uff, this made my heart beat like a race horse! Felt great!
The best thing was that it didn´t dissasembled, which was one of my fears. Still need to play more with the settings of the radio.
This was possible thanks to all the people in this forum.
Thanks.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lpj4Wc2eoM?hl=es_MX&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lpj4Wc2eoM?hl=es_MX&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

stokke

Great job buddy :D The first flight is always one to remember!

Good luck flying, and keep videos coming!

Lee

Very nice dude, Shes looking stable and you had great control . Well done.

pavotibio

Great job buddy :D The first flight is always one to remember!

Good luck flying, and keep videos coming!

Thanks Marius, I now know what is what you felt the 1st time u took urs into the clouds. Your videos and pictures helped me a lot.
Of course more videos will come.
Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice dude, Shes looking stable and you had great control . Well done.

Thanks Lee, it feels stable indees, although it draws my attention that it was somehow difficult to keep it at a fixed height. It was like flying a 4ch heli in that regard. Dunno if I may ask this here but, does this have to be with the pitch curve?
Tony, please tell me whether I should start a new thread about this in the 450 section.
Thanks

wolfman76

great flying one of these days i will get a good video maiden of one of my helis... great job though

Tony

Staff member
Man, you are handling that thing like a boss, GREAT JOB :thumbsup:

If you keep this up, you are going to do great in this hobby. As for going up and down, that is all with collective management. It will come to you in time. The more you fly, the more stable it will be. Just give yourself time.

As for the correct section, no worries about in a video section. The only place I dont' like these is in the introduction area and the lounge that is off topic chat only. Asking a question under your own video is just fine, no worries bro.

Derek

WOW!!! that looked very good and super stable. Nice job!

in regard to being able to hold it at a fixed height...that is definitely difficult to do. I find it very irritating that I can't do it either...but...as said above....it's a "practice" thing.

BOKI

Looks like you are really doing good flying for just starting out that's great! The Best & safe flying! :lol: :twothumbsup:

pavotibio

Thanks for all you comments guys. It is very encouraging to hear (read) them since most of my friends don´t see this as a serious hobby but as a child´s toy.
I just uploaded another video. Here I flew the 250 two times. The 2nd one it crashed. i guess I felt too confident and forgot I need more practice, experience, simulator....you know.
I bought some replacement parts to start repairing it today. I hope it can fly again.
Well, here's the video.
Cheers

[video]<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dr9AfGTYaqo?version=3&amp;hl=es_MX"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dr9AfGTYaqo?version=3&amp;hl=es_MX" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry, something happened and I couldt embed the video. here is the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

stokke

You seem to have the orientations locked in :D Sorry about the crash though. Confidence, that ba*tard! :D LOL That guy caused my last crash as well!

pavotibio

Good job at the flight. To bad about the crash.

Thanks, man. I am sure you all can imagine how it feels when your bird hits the ground. Anyway, I made a pause in my repairings to check the thread. So far, the fixing is good and the wounded heli will be soon ready to fly again. I promise you a video.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to have the orientations locked in :D Sorry about the crash though. Confidence, that ba*tard! :D LOL That guy caused my last crash as well!

Hi Marius. I know that your heli´s tail hit a sign once and fell of the landing paltform on another occasion. Have you crash it again? I have learn now about how tricky can confidence be, he he.....same thing with showing of...If you know what I mean, LOL.
By the way, I didn´t understand what you meant when you said my orientation was "locked in".
Cheers

mauricio

- - - Updated - - -

Man, you are handling that thing like a boss, GREAT JOB :thumbsup:
If you keep this up, you are going to do great in this hobby. As for going up and down, that is all with collective management. It will come to you in time. The more you fly, the more stable it will be. Just give yourself time.
As for the correct section, no worries about in a video section. The only place I dont' like these is in the introduction area and the lounge that is off topic chat only. Asking a question under your own video is just fine, no worries bro.

Thanks for your comments, Tony. I have spent many hours in the simulator (Phoenix). I know now it hasn´t been a waste of time. I became a father a couple of months ago so making me some free time to practice has not been easy, I think my wife is starting to dislike all about helis, ha ha.
I would like to thank individually all the comments but right now, I'm shuting this thing off to continue repairing my 250.
I'll be back!

stokke

Hi Marius. I know that your heli´s tail hit a sign once and fell of the landing paltform on another occasion. Have you crash it again? I have learn now about how tricky can confidence be, he he.....same thing with showing of...If you know what I mean, LOL.
By the way, I didn´t understand what you meant when you said my orientation was "locked in".
Cheers

mauricio

Yes, I had a crash last weekend - a serious crash this time :( I posted a few pics in my video thread, if you wanna see the horrible details. By "locked in" I mean you have the orientations under control :D

Good luck rebuilding the 250!

pavotibio

Yes, I had a crash last weekend - a serious crash this time :( I posted a few pics in my video thread, if you wanna see the horrible details. By "locked in" I mean you have the orientations under control :D
Good luck rebuilding the 250!

First of all, thanks for the explanation....I should've known that, duh uh me!
Second, saw the pics and read about your crash, a real pity, man, but it's repairable. I guess the worst part is how you feel right after the crash. Just keep up working the same way you have been doing untill now.
My 250 is able to fly again. I discovered a slight bent on the tail boom. I´ll put a pic in the Pictures area of the forum so you can give me advice about whether it is necessary to replace it or not.
Greetings!

Tony

Staff member
I will say this, any bend in the tail boom, it's best to just replace it. Otherwise your belt could rub the boom, or your TT shaft will not be straight. Not sure what one you have. But everything should be straight.

stokke

I will say this, any bend in the tail boom, it's best to just replace it. Otherwise your belt could rub the boom, or your TT shaft will not be straight. Not sure what one you have. But everything should be straight.

I agree with Tony. You will also get a slightly offset rudder which could affect flight performance.

pavotibio

I thought you would probably say that, ha ha. Then I will replace it. thanks Tony. There will be pics and vids.
Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with Tony. You will also get a slightly offset rudder which could affect flight performance.

Marius, do you think the settings of the heli could dramatically change with the new tail boom? I am just starting to understand that part and probably wouldnt know what to do in case of vibrations or so....well, actually I do know what to do, just ask here in the forum!
Thanks again to everyone for being always willing to help the less experienced like me.
Saludos!

stokke

Marius, do you think the settings of the heli could dramatically change with the new tail boom?

I wouldn't think so. I'll bet that if you replace the boom with a new one, you can probably just fly afterwards and not notice any change.

pavotibio

I wouldn't think so. I'll bet that if you replace the boom with a new one, you can probably just fly afterwards and not notice any change.
Great, thanks! I'll try to make a short video in the underground parking lot of my building so you can see how it worked out.

Top Bottom