First Inverted

callsign4223

Staff member
Went flying the MCPx and the Blade 400 today. Started with the blade, got it out there a ways, but always kept it tail in. It felt pretty good, although I think there is still some swash leveling to do. It is really nice to finally get this baby flyable. After putting a battery through the 400 the esc was pretty hot, so I put it aside to cool and got out the MCPx. Started flying it around, I am must more adventurous with this one, and was doing full coordinated turn circuits and figure eights. I had a couple of the guys from my softball team and one of their sons watching. He kept asking me if I could do funnels, hurricanes, and inverted flight. I was like, were did you learn all this. His dad told me he was reading it all off of the MCPx box. Well, I thought to myself, I have done flips in clearview, lets try them on the MCPx. So I gave it a shot, and crashed. I had the kid go out and pick up the heli(benefits of children, I didn't have to run out 30 yards to go get the sucker :)) and hold it up. Took off from his hand and tried it again, and pulled it off. That was the end of that battery, but I put 2 more through it and got in about a half dozen more flips and about 10 seconds of inverted flight once when I got halfway through a flip and was too close to the ground so I pitch pumped it inverted. No plans to take the 400 inverted yet but the confidence level with the MCPx is definately rising. Never did get the 400 back up for the second battery though, light was dying too fast.

Adam

Good job i dont have one of these little birds yet i only have the trex and Hk flybar. Im daring with the hk but not that daring. Keep up the practice and the big bird will be ready when we are ready.

Top Bottom