600 First crash

orton21

Well I had my first crash with my 550e DFC but it was not to bad. I was flying only for about 2 min and I lost power, was really strang I don't really know what happened. I think I lost signal because I could not control it. It went into a right pitch and I could not correct it. But because I lost power the crash was not bad. So I have to get new main blades, main gear, skids and some new servo gears for one of my servos. Hope I can trouble shoot what happend. Any ideas of what might have gone wrong? Has this happend to anyone elas?

Lee

Sorry to here about the crash.
Are you running the Talon 90A Esc that comes with the combo?
My friend had a similar crash with his for no known reason.
Did you check the RX before unplugging it? If it was flashing, then you know you lost power to the RX.
How are you powering the Electrics? ESC, External BEC, or Battery pack?

Lee

I just sent my friend an email to ask if he found out why he had his crash. I'll let you know.

Lee

Ok I just spoke with him on the phone.
He say that the original motor draws too much power for the 90A Talon ESC.
You have two choices.
1) Upgrade to the newer 730MX motor that now comes with the kits.
2) Upgrade to a bigger ESC
Thats what my friend has done. He now has the 130A Edge, and has had no issue since.

Obviously this is IF that was the problem with yours in the first place.
But if you can't find another problem, this is the most likely.

cml001

Yeah, I have the new 700mx motor and talon 90 myself... The talon has so many war stories that I'm not even thinking of putiing it in the 550... Save it for a plank build later or maybe a 500 class machine... Let me/us kno what u found out and how u fixed it.

Top Bottom