600 First Blade 600x FLB build and Need help

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that looks good, but you only need one of those wires. Polarity is perfect. And for the binding plug, you just plug it in.

theone2007

Does it matter which side the plug the binding plug in? Does it affect the polarity in the Ikon if plug in wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Which side is the correct way to plug in the bind plug?IMAG0844.jpgIMAG0845.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly, the Ikon will not bind with my DX6i, help?

IMAG0844.jpg

IMAG0845.jpg

Tony

Staff member
No, the binding plug is just a jumper. you can plug it in either way. Just make sure to plug it into the bind port.

theone2007

Tony, I was able to bind it within the software setup. I know its wierd. When I came to the TX setup menu, I cannot get the travel adjustment to be 100% on my DX6i. I max out on my dx6i travel adjust for aileron %125 but it only showed on the Ikon setup wizard to be 94% right input and stuck on %69 left input. I could not get any one settings to match the ikon wizrd to be %100 on my DX6i.

- - - Updated - - -

right stick input @%125 on the dx6i travel adj only give me %95 on the ikon software and left input give me %70 on ikon software.IMAG0849.jpgIMAG0848.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMAG0847.jpg

IMAG0849.jpg

IMAG0848.jpg

IMAG0847.jpg

Tony

Staff member
As long as you get a green light, you should be fine. There is also a swash menu in there and all of them should say 60. Raise these numbers up as needed to reach 100 on both directions.

theone2007

Yup, thats the one.

Since the swash type is set to 1 servo 90 degree, when I go into the swash mix , it is in "inhibit" and I cant change anything. If I change the swash type to 120 degree 3 servos then I can change the swash mix. But the Ikon software said to set the swash type to 1 servo 90 degree. I am stumped.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, that's right. my bad. Too much work, not enough sleep. I'm not sure what to do here other than getting another Tx so that you can get your travel setting correct.

theone2007

I was afraid you say that Tony. Don't know what radio that will give me the full travel. I called Horizon Hobby and they said since Ikon is not their product they can't help me. I was thinking then I shouldn't buy anymore horizon product since they are not compatible with other products. At this Pont I don't know what radio to buy.

Tony

Staff member
I think the dx6 will work and I know the dx7 and dx9 will work. The dx8 will also work but get on ebay and get it fast, they are no longer selling them. And horizon is protecting themselves.

theone2007

Between those radios you listed, limited funds wise which one do you reccomended. Why is the dx8 soon cheap, they say you get what you pay for. If it wasn't for the travel adjustment problem on the dx6i I still be using it because it works. Going to stop the setup and put my radio on sale. I don't see myself going to need more than 6 channels.

Tony

Staff member
It's so cheap because Horizon discontinued it. But you can pick them up new pretty cheap now. It's a great Tx, and trust me, you will use at least 7 channels. And with the DX8, you only need to run the satellite Rx's, no other Rx needed. Much cleaner and lighter. On the lowest side of channels, I would look at the DX7. It's the newest firmware. But the DX8 is awesome coming from the DX6i.

theone2007

I found a way to set the dx6i so that it will get %100 on the ikon software, so at this point I will keep my Dx6i, I went to the LHS and got to hold the Dx6, Dx7,Dx8, Dx9...the Dx8 throttle stick was very smooth but the rest were like my Dx6i, I figure to wait for next two years to get the dx8 but for now my dx6i is still in great condition and works just as good. Thanks for all your help.

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure. I'm glad you were able to get it working. What did you have to do to get it working?

Top Bottom