first attempted exi 450 flight

wolfman76

well here was the first attempted flight of my exi 450 as you can see it did not go very well...but there will be more to follow will post one of the first attempt with some problems of my hk500gt also....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Moved to the video section.

I noticed a few things in this video. First is you are just beginning. Put some training gear on that heli, you will thank me later. Second, you need to be on a smoother surface than tall grass. If you cant' see the landing gear, then the grass can grab ahold of the landing gear and tip it over. Third, you started out nose in. Gaba, Lee nor myself start nose in, always keep that tail towards you. That way, right is right, forward is forward and so on.

Please put training gear on it, it will help a lot until you know what the heli is going to do. Keep it up and if you need any help, you know how to get ahold of me.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
What he said. Nice easy steps. For me, I have a lot less fear after doing many hours of sim flying. Throw the birds around in there until its second nature even with wind on and it should help a lot. Sorry about the end of the video. I hope there isn't too much damage.

Adam

Hey just dont give up. And tony gave alot of good advice there. One thing i noticed is i believe i saw an orange DX6i i think i watched your videos on that mod correct me if im wrong. rebuild and get her back up.

wolfman76

thnx alot tony you know i am greatful for all the anyone gives my buddy made same comment bout being tail in and the grass too great minds think alike huh lol... only had it in the grass like that incase sumthin happened it would have a lil cushion to minimize any damage... gotta get more main blades for it first and go through check make sure main shaft ok recheck pitch you know all the usual formalities after any damage happens to a heli... OH and i did have traing gear on it but it broke on me plus i think the cat ran off with one of the orange ping pong balls off the end of 1 of the rods. stinkin can...lol guess for now i am going to have to try n get the blade 400 in the air...

wolfman76

yup that is my dx6i thnx alot adam it really turned out nice has a few spots on it but nowhere easily noticed with some flaws thanks...

Tony

Staff member
I am thinking about redoing my flight school, but check it out and watch the videos. There is a lot of great information in there that can help you out. One thing is, get the training gear, and get on a smooth surface to start out. Once you are finished with the first couple steps and you are ready to go into the air, then you will want to be over "mowed short" grass lol. Check it out and let me konw what I can do to help out short of coming up there lmao.

Rc-Help - Rc-Help Flight School

wolfman76

i will deff check them out and thanx for all the advice might just have to make a set of traing gear

Top Bottom