FireFox Sucks!!!

Tony

Staff member
On my computer anyway. I tried using it because it actually has an inline spell check. If you spell something wrong, it will underline it with a red squiggly line. With IE, you have to right click, and click "check spelling", and then when you edit the spelling if you misspelled something, it will combine things together. For example, how are yuo would be corrected to something like how ayoure or something.

so, I installed firefox a long time ago just so that I can log in with two different users when I'm trying to test functionality. One on this account (admin) and the other on a regular member account. But, firefox is just stupid slow. I have disabled all addon's, and it should be faster. I have no clue why it's this way, but it is. Maybe I will uninstall it, and install a fresh copy and see what that does. I really like the spell check option. However, in IE, I like the fact that it's already built into the program where you can just hit f12 and see the code, and change some thigns around without installing firebug like on firefox. So, if I can get all of my stuff to work correctly with firefox, I will still use IE to track down problems within the site.

Ugh, can't they just make one program for the masses that just works???

Tony

Staff member
Nope, still suckx. Installed a fresh copy, even getting rid of all of the settings and saved items, and it's still taking over 25 seconds to load a simple page. No, it's not my internet cause IE is loading in less than a second. I hate to sound redundant, but firefox sucks for EVERYTHING except spell check. Friggin Mozilla.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok... I am so forgetting it's name but there is a Internet explorer based browser (made in china), I have used it, it's fast. And has those debug functionalities. Also, it's secure, cause we used it at an IT center at my last job... they had tested this thing... Ghosh!!! if I remembered!! Lol I'll research but see if you can google it. And it operated pretty cool too..

Lee I would disagree on safari... Don't get me wrong !! I LOVE.. LOVE LOVE LOVE MACs but safari is just borderline good on mac, it'll operate like IE on windows... It's slow! I've tried it! I dint use that in my mac even. I use google chrome, but it's got it's bads too..( like ridiculously short timeouts, and software constraints)

Last edited:

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Nope, still suckx. Installed a fresh copy, even getting rid of all of the settings and saved items, and it's still taking over 25 seconds to load a simple page. No, it's not my internet cause IE is loading in less than a second. I hate to sound redundant, but firefox sucks for EVERYTHING except spell check. Friggin Mozilla.
I'm not a fan of FireFox either, but wonder if IE is just reloading stored pages. IE caches everything. I don't know why you are so in love with it because it really sux, especially for those trying to code for it. MS loves to dork everyone. FF, dunno, don't use it. I've used Flock (which is a Mozilla based) and continue to use it without too many issues (other than it not being supported anymore). I've tried Chrome, which its own breed. Anyway, I will agree with you in why can they not make a browser which is good for everyone and reads/reacts to code as it's supposed to. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Yes, I hate IE ... just didn't want anyone to be clear on that point :chuckles:

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
I use Firefox all the time, everywhere. There is another browse I use on my phone, dont know if there is a pc version or not it's called Dolphin. I use IE very seldom, even though I have to support it and everything else that Microsoft has on the market. If I had my way everyone at my work would be using either Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian, CentOS, or some form of Linux.

Top Bottom