General Finally...

bigone5500

No-go on the super glue. I'll have to order a new set of skids. I also went into my iX12 and checked all the settings and found some to be out of adjustment. Mainly the throttle and pitch curves. I used the information for the DX9 setup from the manual to verify all settings and now it should be good. When I get a set of skids, I'll go through the pre-flight checks and make sure all servos and blades are as they should be.

bigone5500

Just called hobby town and they can get the skids for $4.99 and shouldn't be any shipping charge. I'll get a couple sets for that price.

murankar

Staff member
If your trying to repair the skids wrap them with dental floss or sewing thread. Wrap it tight and then soak with CA.

Tony

Staff member
If they are fiber reinforced skids then CA won't do much as you found out. Not even plastic welding will do much. IMO, they should replace your skids since they are the one that set it up. Just my opinion though. And don't go with settings in the book, they have really weird throttle and pitch curves that teach bad habbits.

Tony

Staff member
I know you know this, but I'm going to say it anyway. Aluminum bends and is heavier than plastic.

bigone5500

The aluminum parts are comparable to the ones in the stock setup. The CF parts simply bolt to the aluminum. I think the CF parts would hold up to a crash better than plastic but at the same time, would the extra cost of the CF skids make up for it? Maybe not but they sure do look good.

bigone5500

I took a look around while I was there and saw the 250 CFX. I want one. I also want the little sport cub S BNF. I hope santy clawz brings me some money...stingy sucker.

Tony

Staff member
I know the skids you are talking about, I have a pair for the 380. They are NOT on the helicopter lmao.

Top Bottom