General Finally...

bigone5500

...I'm going to get my 270 fixed. I called Hobby Town The other day and the guy that works on them said he would help me get it set up and show me what to do. Best thing is he said there will be no charge. I've been itching to fly this thing again.

Tony

Staff member
Dude, that is awesome!

Oh, AccuRC sent me a friends request on Steam lmao. They sent it quite a while ago lol. However, they did come out with an update that was supposed to fix the online issues. If you are up to it, we can fire up a session and test it out. I'm still updating it right now lol. 2.8GB takes a while with my slow interwebz.

bigone5500

Nice! I'll open steam and get mine updated too. I'm in the process of setting up my iX12 with my quad. I want to take it out to the in-laws later and fly it around. They have a large area across from their house and it's too nice out not to fly.

bigone5500

I got everything updated and it seems to be working ok. Just need to see if two or more can fly together with no issues.

Ready when you are.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, sorry about that. Got wrapped up in working on my server (personal, not the RCH server). Having a difficult time getting the tx to calibrate with accurc ATM. No matter, enjoy your Turkey Day.

bigone5500

We can try to start a sim later if you're up to it. I guess the file I imported before worked for my quad. I still had to bind it externally using a lemon rx and esc. I don't know why it does that.

bigone5500

Bah...I was going to go to hobby town today and see about getting my heli repaired but I ended up sick. I felt my throat getting a little scratchy yesterday and now today I had 102.7F temp...It's not over. I'll be back...

Tony

Staff member
That is not good. The wife woke up coughing as well today. So now I'm playing keep away from everyone lol.

bigone5500

I think I may try to get to hobby town one day this week so I can get the heli ready for the weekend. I really want to fly it soon and the weekend will give me time to go slow with it. I want to start with getting back to being able to hover it stabily <---is that a word? and keep my altitude without working the sticks as much as I used to. Then I want to attempt some left/right passes at short distances to get used to turning around. That is the day's plan and I hope I can get all that done without shorting out my iX12 with all the sweat that will be pouring off my hands. There will be a lot of cycles on my battery as I only have one for now. I just wish there was one that would give me more flight time without compromising size. I really do not have any idea why they chose the 910mAh battery they did. Why not an 1100 or so? I guess I could get one and see if it would fit but I don't think it would as the 910 fills the canopy pretty good. That plus I don't know how the heli would handle the extra weight. <---maybe cause it to be nose heavy??? Is that a thing in helis?

bigone5500

Now that I feel much better, I'm going to hobby town tomorrow to see if their repair tech can teach me how to set up this heli correctly. He'll get a surprise to know that I have tinkered with the BeastX settings so they will have to be reset. That could be the sole reason why it won't fly. However, I'm sure there is something in the linkages that isn't quite right. If I can't get it to fly, then I guess it will be time to think about getting rid of it. No reason to have something I can't work on or fly.

bigone5500

Finally got out to hobby town and spent about 2 hours there. Got the servos centered and all the linkages right according to the guy there. It looked good to me too. I came home and found out quickly that we skipped an important step. We didn't set the main rotor pitch. I spun the blades up and it lifted off at what should have been zero pitch. It climbed to about 7' and I killed the throttle and attempted to spin it back up in time to prevent a slam into the ground. The heli just couldn't spin up fast enough so it slammed skids first into the dirt snapping both off. Nothing else was harmed as a result. I will have to determine if I can glue them back together and use that as a means to set the pitch. I will not fly it with the skids broken so will have to order a new set.

I love learning, I hate the way I have to do it.

Tony

Staff member
I have an article on here about a pre-flight checklist and how it is a "must" lol. Not funny that you crashed the heli because of a simple oversight (which we ALL have done), just trying to lighten the mood.

Just for kicks, here's the article lol.

Pre-flight Inspections Are A Must!!!!

murankar

Staff member
Just check the blade grip spindle. Its possible it could have bent. Take off the blades, put a hex key into the spindle bolt and turn it. If the grips wobble then your spindle is bent.

Top Bottom