Micro Finally turning a new page with the align 150..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
IT WAS THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the freaking board!! I broke down to give the sucker another chance and bought a board off some left over money I had from sales..... Installed that and

new v2 frame, and lynx upgraded swash, carbon fibre main shaft, lynx main gear (no wobble cause it has a hub) and it's machined I think Delrin... New tail motor just in case, cause I had butchered the old one , still useable, just needs some soldering...

But all that to say. I basically got a new align 150 but this time I built it to my expectations.

So just like ten minutes ago, turned it on, bound the board, and hovered it ... Even went idle up and tail held and the heli didn't want to tip and destroy itself ....

WIN for GABA !! For now atleast

danhampson

Glad you sorted it Gaba. I love my 150 its low crash costs have given me the confidence to try inverted flight. Once I've mastered it on the 150 then I'll move on to my bigger machines.

Lee

Now sell it quick while its working LOL :D
Joking :D
Glad its working for you now mate.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yeah.. lets see if they do a V2.. they are keeping the publicity up for sure. I'll try to fly it today in the parking lot of my work.. lets see if it can atleast give me a consistent flight.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok it flew great!! Tail gain set to 75. One battery.

It's fast!!! Freaking fast!!! Like I am used to flying 600 and 700's and those sizes give me time to react. And after a while of not flying.. This was a bit too fast for me. ESP having a TREE in my sight line. ONE TREE!!! And guess what I had just gotten doing tic tocs yes I said tic tocs... It's got power man... And did is say it was fast... Yeah............ Tree came in the way, I was inverted and corrected the wrong way and into the dried up free branches... Lol

Good thing :::::: I DONOT have to change main shafts so often as it's carbon fibre!! Yay

But I did strip a servo.. That's the only damage though .. Haha bad luck I guess but I definitely think this bird will make a better pilot as it wants me to be on my toes the whole time. Very stable though... I wish I had flown through two full batteries hahahahahahhahahahahah

I was loving it! But I got too excited and yep... Bit me in the butt.. Lol

That tree needs to be chopped down. Yep I said it

pvolcko

There's always that one tree that jumps in the way. :) My problem tree is half gone. May take the rest this year.

cml001

I need a new tail box for my 130... Something is bent.. Binding bad.. I sent back the regular servos I got for it... One day I may rebuild the tail... I honestly have as much in that 130 as I do my 450... Has to be... Sick of feed'n that damn thing $! One day I'll get back on it... Hope u get it locked down Gaba. Imma stay off the micros for a bit.. Love'n my 450, finish'n my 550... And day dream'n bout a quad or a N5C!.. That's where I'm at. Good luck bud!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Alright!! Four consecutive batteries of straight up flying and messing around ... With one crash.. And guess what. I didn't even have to check on it .. Just let it stand by itself and fly again.

Weather ::: 16-18mph wind ghusting to 25mph... Yes!! I wouldn't even put my 700 in the air in that wind .. But hey!! This little bugger held up. Tail got sloppy going tail-in into the wind but that's expected in high winds with motor driven fixed pitch tail. But man!! The gyro performed well!! Flips and rolls were tight!! The bird did well in my book. All in all. No damage. Will charge up and go flying again.

Top Bottom