Finally some video.. Mcpx..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am getting very comfortable with flying... I like that. Things are coming natural. Half the crashes are because I try too hard to manage collective and don't give enough of it as so the bird gets low and touches grass.

But I live flying it! I fly very day after work! It's amazing! Takes the load of the day off.

Didn't remember to do any funnels and half of half lol piro flips.. But you get an idea.. One thing I think is most difficult for me to pull is rainbow... Not because the maneuver is difficult.. But because in this stock bird you need too much collective managenent for that... Any waz enjoy the video...

Last edited by a moderator:

Morelight

Fearless Freep
that was fun to watch Gaba. It looks green and nice and warm there. It's below zero and no green up here. Can you guys provide links or even just a quick explanation on how to get to inverted flight and how to control the heli sticks for those inverted circles? Not worried about doing piro's or tick tocks yet.. but flying all over upside down?? OOOOOH Yeah.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
first thing i would ask you is do you have a decent sim ? if not thats your way to a good flight! :) all this was learnt on a sim.. :)

now first thing to start would be to do flips and rolls successfully.. which requires coming on negative pitch (if you have it programmed in your pitch curve in your radio) very shortly and then catching the heli back when its up right. if you can pull that.. then when doing a flip or a roll stop when inverted for a couple seconds and make it a two step process rather than all in one shot..

one thing to remember in all this, all flipping rolling and everything should start with a little pitch pump so that you can have the bird moving up a bit, and then coming as close as possible to 50percent throttle (pitch) position when making the bird go inverted..

try all this out on a sim first.. see if it works.. :) tony will explain more and better i am sure! :)

Morelight

Fearless Freep
ok thanks Gaba. I have Phoenix 3.0 but only have a 4 chan cheep Tx atm. I am flying cp heli in the sim no problem, as I mapped pitch to the same chan as throttle and set it to 80%. but I don't have an idle up switch yet to go inverted. i have done loops and gone inverted in the sim lol, but no negative pitch hee hee so i fly it over a lake, hit 100% collective and pile drive it into the lake. inverted flying is very cool

Tony

Staff member
I was the first to watch that video last night 15 minutes after it uploaded lol. Some great flying Gabster, now i have more work ahead of me to get up to the level you are at. I have just taken too much time off of this hobby and it's costing me. I will get there though.

Morelight, Gaba hit the nail on the head. You have Phoenix, and that will do you great since the flight characteristics are good. You will start out with hovering all directions, then move to FF, then to FFF. Once you are there, you can do one of two things. You can be going in FF and hit some aileron to do a roll. As he stated, start with about a 15% pitch pump to raise the heli, right aileron to start the roll, move collective down to 50%, when you are almost inverted, give a slight amount of negative pitch to keep a straight line while still holding aileron, and return to positive pitch to maintain FF when you are upright again.

Flips are the same, but you are holding elevator instead of aileron.

As for inverted hovering, something is going to be reversed when you are inverted. If you flip to inverted with elevator, your aileron will be reversed as well as the rudder. If you flip using aileron, then the elevator will be reversed as well as the rudder.

Only try this on the sim until you feel like you can do it outside. And when you do it outside, do it 3 mistakes high. This way, if you lose orientation, you have time to figure out where the heli is, get it back over and gain control again.

It will all come, it just takes time.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I was the first to watch that video last night 15 minutes after it uploaded lol. Some great flying Gabster, now i have more work ahead of me to get up to the level you are at. I have just taken too much time off of this hobby and it's costing me. I will get there though.

hahahaha.. i was sleeping.. had left imovie to do its thing and upload and publish for me.. :p :D ... its awesome that you were online when it was uploaded..

I am hopefully gonna make some funnel videos today... its not as bad as i thought. I just get camera shy / nervous and flying gets crappy.. lol... thats why i forgot to do funnels yesterday.. but i'll get there.. :D yesterday's flight was pretty good.. i was getting comfortable with a camera there too.. :D

Tony

Staff member
You will get used to the camera over time. I think I need to head outside and get some more practice in lmao.

Lee

Nice Gaba. I think we are pretty close skill wise with this little bird. I'm loving it too. It really makes a huge difference to the collective management if you have a decent battery. With my old nano and stocks, its really hard to keep the tail in and flip. But with the newer Hyperion. i can flip on the spot no worries and the tail is solid.

Lee

Its a 300mAH but its rebranded by a company in Switzerland and called ePower. My friend here gave it to me as my batteries are all dead. I can hardly flip any more with out the tail giving up. But with that battery i can pitch pump and piro flip no probs for about 3 mins then the power drops off.

Top Bottom