500 Finally got my canopy mounts

trainrider06

from Hawk R/C! They work great! Stupid PO over here let em sit for a week, but got em last night and installed them!
image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

how is the canopy held to those metal things? to you install the canopy and then use a push button form the outside or a magnet is attached to the canopy and all you do is pace them over those metal things on the frame.

trainrider06

Ohh....the canopy mounts are a push button type fastener the part you can't see on the canopy snaps in place into those knurled pieces you see on the heli. The push button releases the canopy from the frame.
It's very easy to install, you just have to widen your canopy holes because there is a rubber piece that locks the mount on
the canopy in place...

trainrider06

Oh should be in the mail Tony, you didn't get them yet? Durnit!
Hehe.....I'm really getting spoiled with these type canopy mounts, have a set of R/C Booya mounts on
My other 500, and love those too. Would have bought another set of the Booya's but these have longer
and shorter screws, and sleeves. Needed something that would clear the servo on the left side.

I see they are for the 500 plus series, not there yet but soon. Starting to look at 550L all I need is for the tree start to producing $$

trainrider06

They make em for the 450 also, not sure if they go smaller but the might.
Ah man believe me my budget ain't as big as Tony's for toys haha...
Really though man, this latest 500 as well as my Pro DFC 500 didn't cost that much
to put together...just gotta shop around and wait for great deals.
Just get a few parts here and there, before ya know it you got yourself a 500!

Tony

Staff member
Don't let the videos fool you, my budget is literally $0.00. Work is killing me and what work isn't killing, home life is... Then there is all of the bills. Can't wait, in 4 short years, I will be money ahead again lmao.

trainrider06

That's the overhead we all seem to not be able to get out from under...we all just get too old over time, and it buries us lol

holtneil

Hi Rodney they look good mate I want some for my 500 too, they are on my list , some where below the goblin 630 lol

Top Bottom