Filament bags

bigone5500

Saw this on a YouTube video. Thought it would be a great addition to my 3D printing hobby. I currently use a plastic storage bin with a gasket on the lid. But this has a large volume of air that could allow for moisture to get into the filament. After drying the filament and putting it into the box, consecutive opening of the lid allows more and more humidity back into the filament. These bags allow the freshly dried filament to have zero contact with moisture. And the addition of a desiccant pack ensures any moisture left while vacuuming is sucked out. There is a manual pump version but this is well worth the extra few dollars.

eSUN 3D Printing Filament Electronic Vacuum Storage Kit Pro, Spool Storage Sealing Bags Dust Proof Humidity Resistant for Keeping Filament Dry, 10 Vaccum Bags/Kit https://a.co/d/86uoScA

20221119_210630.jpg

bigone5500

FYI: This kit is on black friday sale for $19. (yes, it's really $18.99 but I'll not be playin' their mind games)

*quick review*

The bags are like the ones used in food storage systems. They have a texture inside which allows the air to be sucked out and the bag won't seal off with a pocket of air behind the item inside. After putting the spool and a small desiccant inside, I tuck the bottom corners inside the bag and zip the top almost closed, squeeze out the majority of air, then finish zipping it shut. There are a couple plastic clips that aid in closure which work pretty well compared to pinching. The pump quickly removes all air and you are left with a tightly compressed bag. The bags are reusable and the kit comes with replacement vacuum valves (of which I cannot find on amazon). This kit can also be used on camping/hiking gear and has many other uses.

I give it a 5/5 stars.

Top Bottom