Trucks Few questions here

RC123

I am new to nitro powered rc and recently inherited a traxxas revo 2.5. My buddy gave it to me along with some spare parts. This thing was in pieces. First thing i did was completely break down the engine and clean it out really good as well as the carburetor. I then ordered some o rings for the fuel tank as they were shot. put new fuel lines on and also made sure the tank was not clogged. One thing I noticed was that when I hooked the red wire up to the positive terminal on the ez start motor the motor just spun and did not turn over the engine reversing polarity made the motor turn over. I took it off and saw that the text on the OWB was facing the motor which from what I have read is correct. I flipped the bearing around and now the ez start will turn the motor over hooked up the correct way. Is the OWB shot? Idk which way it is turning. I could not get the motor to start but that could also be the o ring for the fuel tank. Like i said before it is in pretty bad shape. It still primes but I do not think it is consistent enough for the motor to run. I am ready to get this thing running and I am hoping that I can do so once my new parts come in. I ordered new throttle linkage as well as steering linkage. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tony

Staff member
When looking at the crank/clutch bell head on (engine pointing directly at you), the engine should be turning counter clockwise CCW. If it's not, it will not start.

Top Bottom