General FBL servo movement

mklages

ok im a complete newbe i have a esky belt cp v2 and a flysky 9ch radio after several crashes i have found out that this is not a newbe heli. so i have spent a lot of time on my clearview sim i have improved greatly on the sim so it's time to try again but after all the crashing i have a bent flybar and it's impossible to get it straight and this heli is realy hard to find parts for so i decided to go flybar less. so i installed a copterX 3x100 gyro with the help of some youtube videos. I think every thing is right but not shure about the servo movement as i move the aileron to the left or right it moves but slowly returns to center before it would snap back to center quickly. Is this right or do i have a problem

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Probublly the gyro slowing it down. Try plugging it in dir ectly to the rx and see if it moves faster. You should ha v e stuck with the flybar. Easer to fly for a beginner!

mklages

thanks for the quick respond im not going to try flying this right away i have a align 450 kit im putting together with flybar any sugestions on a good set of low cost digital servos? i don't like the esky servos they are kinda slow and week

Tony

Staff member
Did you put a flybarless head on it? If I remember correctly, the 450 align v2 flybar will work on that heli. And with a gyro, once you give it input, it will hold that input until it moves. That movement in the swash is normal. And you are correct, that is not a beginner heli. Something in the fixed pitch range would be more for a beginner.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
now that tony has answered that question of the slow movement... I do want to inform you about somethings on that gyro..

do you have the programming cable or the programmer for it?

please get that if you dont, you will need that.. esp flying with analog servos (which is fine) but, you will need to change parameters and fine tune. The software requires on your computer for it is made better by a guy name John_NZ from NZ.. lol.. he has a done a great job on getting all the glithes worked.

I know this was a bit off topic to what you asked, but i see you are new to this, and a little heads up and knowledge is never bad.. :D .. let us know of any more questions. I have worked with the Tarot zyx which is very very similar of not the same as your 3x1000 so just make a post and we will love to help!

hope you get in the air soon! :)

mklages

nope i made a FBL head out of the stock head cut off the top halve and cut washout arms. yes the main shaft is the same diameter as the align so if i everything goes good ill get that head for my align kit. but im not going to try it till i can fly my align with flybar i haven,t tried to fly in 2 months im spending a lot of time on sim hopping this will get me to a level where i can at least do a 3min hover. I can fly great on sim even doing some light 3d flips and rolls even inverted hover. hopefully next try ill be in the air for more than 30sec lol ill make shure to get it on video

Tony

Staff member
Ah okay, good times. Hey do me a favor, check your email for the email you put in your profile when you signed up, adn click on the link to validate your membership. You showed me a flaw in the signups and I have now corrected, and before you ask, that is why you can't modify your profile anymore. Just for clarification, without clicking on the link in the email, you shouldn't be able to post, but putting the AMA on your profile allowed you to post. As stated, I have corrected this issue and hope you click that link to verify your account asap. Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks mklages. As stated, it showed that I had a vulnerability in the system that is now corrected. Thanks again.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
The head looks good. Can't see how the swash follower is connected to be honest...

But that's good. Are you getting enough pitch travel? +-12 degrees... Pitch?

Top Bottom