600 FBL MicroBeast PLUS

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I would also check the tail servo working frequency. I've goofed up that before and Smoggie brought it to my attention. Just another idea.

Ivan Bolognani

I did the beastx setup again but it doesn't change anything.
The mechanics are ok before I had mounted the 3GX I changed because the MICROBEAST seems better to me.

the frequency of the servos is correct I checked it in the servos table:

tonight I try to upgrade the firmware again and do the configuration again

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
We are all trying to resolve your issue, here's something I found on the BeastX web site to check: I didn't think about sub trim in the radio. The unit sees it as a stick input.

1) Gyro is measuring a rotation even if there is none. This can happen from hard vibrations disturbing the sensor measurement or also by gyro drift due to high temperature change or a defective sensor. As with other electrical devices make sure to give the system time to acclimatize before powering it up, especially when flying on a cold winter day or during a hot summer.

2) Stick is commanding a rotation even when it seems to be in center position. Check all your trimmings on the transmitter. They must be 0 in all flight modes. Make sure to keep the sticks centered during power up as the system learns stick center positions each time it performs the init sequence. This is necessary because most often stick potentiometer positions vary slightly, i.e. due to different ambient temperature. This issue can solved by using stick deadband but to keep deadband as low as possible and to increase overall performance MICROBEAST / MICROBEAST PLUS learns stick position directly before flying. However, if you see your sticks do not center properly, i.e. when pushing and releasing the stick softly the servo starts to creep into one direction and only will stop when tapping the stick into the opposite direction, then you can increase the Stick Deadband at Parameter menu point E.

Ivan Bolognani

no way.....

i updated the firmware again.
I have deleted the config of the FUTABA remote control.
I reset everything from the start.

but nothing the queue when i'm in HEADINGLOCK MODE and i rotate the stik to the right the queue goes to the right when i release the stik. the tail remains to the right and never returns to the center.

I don't know what it can be anymore.

Smoggie

but nothing the queue when i'm in HEADINGLOCK MODE and i rotate the stik to the right the queue goes to the right when i release the stik. the tail remains to the right and never returns to the center.

I don't know what it can be anymore.
When you refer to 'the queue' do you mean the slider on the tail shaft?.. If so this is 100% normal behavior for a heading hold gyro.

The reason - When you move the stick you put a right yaw command into the FBL, the slider will stay over until the heli achieves that commanded right yaw. Of course if the heli is sitting stationary on the bench the heli never never turns, so the slider stays 'stuck' fully over. If you manually turn the heli to simulate how it would react in flight then the slider should go back to center.

Ivan Bolognani

When you refer to 'the queue' do you mean the slider on the tail shaft?.. If so this is 100% normal behavior for a heading hold gyro.

The reason - When you move the stick you put a right yaw command into the FBL, the slider will stay over until the heli achieves that commanded right yaw. Of course if the heli is sitting stationary on the bench the heli never never turns, so the slider stays 'stuck' fully over. If you manually turn the heli to simulate how it would react in flight then the slider should go back to center.
Hello,

I tried the helicopter in flight
it rises correctly and remains stable in hovering.

when I turn the stik to the right the helicopter begins to rotate its tail to the right.
I leave the stik, but the helicopter continues to rotate to the right to stop it I have to rotate the stik to the left slowly until I can stop it then I can land

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm just going to throw it out there but on your radio are all the sub trim centered? I really don't know what's going on but you gave me incentive to get my beast going :). I'm in the process of putting my tarot 450 with the V 4.2 beast plus batch_IMG_1729.JPG That I purchased from Tony into my beat up fuselagebatch_IMG_1730.JPG and get her going again. Thanks for getting motivated Ivan :thankyou:

Ivan Bolognani

If you move the stick right, the NOSE should go right not the tail
yes sorry you are right
I wrote wrong the stik to the right the nose goes to the right the tail to the left

tonight I redid everything from 0 by resetting the microbeast.
now i'm trying to understand through studioX from pc if i find some setting that is wrong

Ivan Bolognani

I did it.
last night I cleared all the microbeast
now the tail returns to the center when I release the stik.
I just have to test it in flight and see if everything is ok.
tomorrow I try in a field and check

Ivan Bolognani

Hello to all.

today i tried my helicopter.
everything seemed ok.
but today it didn't work.
always the same problem.
before taking off the queue starts to turn right.

I aborted the take off again for fear of destroying the helicopter.

:(

Smoggie

I still dont know what you mean by 'the queue':confused:

There is nothing on a heli called a queue. Do you mean the slider that moves along the tail shaft?

Like I said before, when in heading hold mode and on the bench the slider should stay over after you move the stick left or right. This is normal and correct for a heading hold gyro. If the slider returns automatically to center then you must have put the gyro into rate mode. Heading hold is recommended, rate mode is harder to fly because the tail will drift.

Ivan Bolognani

I still dont know what you mean by 'the queue':confused:

There is nothing on a heli called a queue. Do you mean the slider that moves along the tail shaft?

Like I said before, when in heading hold mode and on the bench the slider should stay over after you move the stick left or right. This is normal and correct for a heading hold gyro. If the slider returns automatically to center then you must have put the gyro into rate mode. Heading hold is recommended, rate mode is harder to fly because the tail will drift.
Hello tell me something,
your tail rotor how it works.

in normal mode:
are the blades in the center?
when you turn the stick to the right and then release it do the paddles go to the right and then return to the center or do they stay to the right?

and in Heding Lock mode:
are the blades in the center when you turn on?
when you turn the stick to the right and then release it do the paddles go to the right and then return to the center or do they stay to the right?

With the 3gx tail rotor, the blades always returned to center.

from what I understand with this the blades remain in the position where you put them.

did I get it right?

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Lets go back to the video you posted with the heli on the bench, in that video, everything seems to be working as it should. Would it be possible to get a video of the trouble your having in flight? If its to risky then don't but we are having trouble understanding exactly what's going on when you try to fly it. the blades remain in the position where you put them only when in heading hold....

Ivan Bolognani

Torniamo al video che hai postato con l'elicottero in panchina, in quel video tutto sembra funzionare come dovrebbe. Sarebbe possibile avere un video dei problemi che hai avuto in volo? Se è troppo rischioso, allora non farlo, ma stiamo avendo problemi a capire esattamente cosa sta succedendo quando provi a farlo volare. le lame rimangono nella posizione in cui le metti solo quando sono in presa di rotta....
Grazie per la vostra pazienza
grazie per aver aiutato a risolvere il problema
mi scusi per il mio inglese :)

prendere un volo non è possibile ho paura di non riuscire più a controllarlo.
Cerco di spiegarmi meglio che posso.

decollare:
Accendo l'elicottero.
Comincio a gas e ritmo
le pale del rotore di coda sono al centro
appena prima del decollo dell'elicottero, il muso inizia a ruotare verso sinistra
a questo punto interrompo il decollo.

con 3GX
il rotore di coda è sempre al centro
Muovo il bastoncino a destra il naso ruota a destra. finché tengo il bastone a destra tra il naso, continua a girare a destra. Lascio lo stik la museruola si ferma.

con bestiax.
Ho paura che se mi tolgo inizi a ruotare il naso a sinistra e non riesco più a fermarlo.

vorrei capire se il tuo. quando muovi il bastoncino a destra, ruota il naso a destra. se lasci andare il bastoncino e torni al centro, la volata si ferma o continua a ruotare. ?

Grazie.

Smoggie

Hello tell me something,
your tail rotor how it works.

in normal mode:
are the blades in the center?

and in Heding Lock mode:
are the blades in the center when you turn on?

With the 3gx tail rotor, the blades always returned to center.

from what I understand with this the blades remain in the position where you put them.

did I get it right?

how you describe it is how all heading hold tail gyros/FBL work. I've used many different types and in heading hold they all stay where they are put, EXACTLY like you show in your video. 100% normal behaviour.

So to answer your two questions:
  1. Yes - in rate mode the tail returns to centre.
  2. Yes - in heading hold mode the tail stays fully over

The 3GX does this too, perhaps you never had it properly in heading hold mode.

here's a video I did some time back for my friend showing him how to setup the heli for take-off, including (35 seconds into video) how to manually move the tail blades to centre position prior to spoolup. This is required because they do not move to centre themselves (this is using a Spirit Pro FBL.):

Last edited:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
"vorrei capire se il tuo. quando muovi il bastoncino a destra, ruota il naso a destra. se lasci andare il bastoncino e torni al centro, la volata si ferma o continua a ruotare. ?"
That's an interesting question, I believe in heading hold when you let go of the stick the nose will stop where you point it and try to hold that heading. Are you saying when your nose goes left you give a right command but the nose continues to go left? Not to beat a dyeing horse but are you SURE all your sub trims are turned off?

:reposthorse:

Ivan Bolognani

"vorrei capire se il tuo. quando muovi il bastoncino a destra, ruota il naso a destra. se lasci andare il bastoncino e torni al centro, la volata si ferma o continua a ruotare. ?"
That's an interesting question, I believe in heading hold when you let go of the stick the nose will stop where you point it and try to hold that heading. Are you saying when your nose goes left you give a right command but the nose continues to go left? Not to beat a dyeing horse but are you SURE all your sub trims are turned off?

:reposthorse:
i saw the video.

your helicopter takes off very well.
mine immediately begins to rotate the nose to the left.

When I turn the stick to the right the muzzle rotates to the right when I let go of the stick, it continues to turn to the right does not stop

The trims on the remote control are all at 0 on futaba I have disabled the trims so it is as if they were not there

If you want I also bought studioX to set the parameters from the PC,
I can pass you the values so you tell me if there is something wrong

Top Bottom