FBL Conversion Questions

Ricky Minaya

Ok so recently my blade 450 3d has been acting up and mid flight it went for the worst

I was trying to learn my inverted nose positions. Then my tail servo died and all I could do (in my opinion) to save the heli the best was to hit the throttle hold

I wound up breaking only a few parts but today I flew my friends flybarless blade 450 and and I want to convert my 450 to fbl. I already ordered the kit but I need to know a few more things

Will the 3gx work on my 450? And what cyclic servos and tail servo should I order because the ones I have are about to die

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the 3GX should work just fine on the Blade. Depending on your Tx, you may have to run the Rx that came with your Tx. As for servos, Align DS415 for cyclic and DS425 for the tail would work great. There are also Savox servos that work great, I just don't know the numbers on them.

Ricky Minaya

I have a dx6i with what ever receiver that came with my 450 3D I can't see what type it is because of how it's set up as of right now

So would I have to have the receiver connected to the gyro with the 2 servo extension wire that are color coated? Or is there another way I would have to set it up?

And what do the dampened in the head do? Stock my 450 came with something called 70 dampeners but there is a upgrade that is 80 dampeners or vise versa but what's the difference

Tony

Staff member
If you have a DSMX DX6i, then you more than likely have an AR6210, if DSM2, then AR6200. Either way, you can hok it up.

You will actually need 3 wires, the two that are color coded, then a black/red/white wire for power. Have a look at the link below for how to connect it up. It's in the first video.

Align 3GX Setup Series

john2012

Banned
Yep do what tony said to do i agree with that the man does know what he is doing and i respect what he tell people on RC-Help.com??????

Top Bottom