Videos Extreme Flight Edge 540T 48in on Easter Day

Tony

Staff member
Why has no one commented on this? Wow lol. I just now had the time to get on here and catch up.

At the 2:00 mark I thought you were going to pull back on the elevator lol. That would have sucked.

Great flying though. Nice and smooth and your flips are smoother than mine lol. I tend to always put in a little aileron when I flip for some reason. Guess I need to tighten my aileron stick up a bit.

And you are one of the few that can land a tail dragger on grass and not nose it over lmao.

Keep the videos coming!

trainrider06

That is some nice flying for sure! I see that river has gone down a bit since the last flight I saw....great music too! :)

Blade_flyer

Thanks guys for the comments. I do really like how the 540 handles...it's a blast to fly it. I set up 3 rate settings for this bird. Most of this video was on 'mid' rates. You can really see the difference in the aileron rolls from mid rates to high rates. In high rates, this thing will roll at least 3 times per second!

Tony, that's my biggest fear when inverted! I have to keep saying to myself "up is down" the whole time I fly inverted. As far as landings go, the field is fairly rough right now. It hadn't been cut or rolled out for the spring when this video was taken. The secret to keeping the plane from flipping on the grass is lots of up elevator the second the airspeed bleeds off to a point where it wont jump back into the air. Warbirds are terrible for this mainly because the gear is just barely forward of the CG and they tend to have a lot of weight in the nose. I was flying the Apprentice some on Sunday. Winds were around 6-10. Not too bad for around here lately. They should die down some next weekend. Grass was cut, but field was still rough it places.

Bud

Smoggie

On the strength of your video I'll dust my 540t off and give it some air time this weekend. Weather permitting I'll shoot a video.

Top Bottom