450 exi 450 tail setup help

waghari

hi,
I am tired by setting up my exi450 upgraded CNC head and tail, helicopter tail wagging problem.
I used GY292 gyro and Hitech HS-55 digital servo from hobby partz.First of all I setup servo in
centre so we can see tail blade in centre and then i set Dx6i gyro at 67.5 and rate at 36.5. also,,
I try gyro form 60 to 80 but never got stability.Its always wagging what ever i setup.
so, can any one suggest me what wrong and i can se tail stable which is i am dreaming now.

thanks you

Tony

Staff member
As stated in your other thread, you have to turn down the pot on the gyro it's self. And the HS55 servo is not really fast enough for a tail servo but should work if you turn down that pot on the gyro.

waghari

Hi,
thanks for reply tony,like you said best way to go is gp780 gyro and ds520, so
i bought both and i try to understand the function of GP780 gyro.But what does
mean of DELAY setting on align gp780 gyro and how much do i need?
thanks

Tony

Staff member
I set the delay to 0. What that is, is the delay from when the gyro senses movement to when it reacts in milliseconds. If you are having a horrible tail wag, then you can dial in some delay, but with that setup, you shouldn't need any at all.

waghari

Thanks for above explanation and help.
Then after i set up my align GP780 and ds520 servo on exi 450, but some how it keep spining anticlock wise in gyro mode i set to 70% or 75%.
if am i switch to rate mode then it stop spining.I set gyro gp780 as following with.
1;green, 2:greeen, 3 Green, 4: green , 5 : red with 0 delay.

waghari

yes that was may be reverse problem.I set delay function again and set it to ok.But now i got stable taill untill
50% of throttle.As soon as i throttle up more after that, then it start to drift counter clockwise.Still i dont know
i am not getting stable tail after all this best gyro and servo change.

murankar

Staff member
well normally that would fall under a trim issue. On the gyro you will want to adjust the linkage rod instead.

waghari

Thanks for reply and I adjust rod and it stop drifting on grass. But now I have new problem. When I hover it initially on ground it stable but then hover up I cant control tail anti clockwise even rudder stick is all the way left. But I can control clockwise. But then it make me not stable hovering. It's feel like its just moving side way. If am I switch rate mode then tail shift both side with rudder stick. I am looking for help to fix my problem. I just installed gp780 gyro used one and ds520 servo new one.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like you need to go through the gyro setup process and set your end points in the gyro. Make sure your travel adjustment on the Tx is set at 100%, you will use teh gyro to keep it from binding.

Top Bottom